importing CDJs from UK/US?

zatchie

hey guys, im thinking of upgrading to some 2000's and a 900 mixer, and ive found some really great deals on the setup, but they're either in the UK or US. With either one will it work just by changing the power cord, or will i need an adapter? Ive searched for the answer but can only find people importing from US to UK having a problem

If your looking to get them from the US you will need a power converter, cause the output power is different, ive got a set of technic 1200 imports and cause I bought them 2nd hand they threw in a converter for me, but keep in mind that they may be cheaper in the states but you will probably match that price with the shipping costs

you will need a power transformer. also note the shipping costs. and warranty is another thing to consider. if they break you may not be eligible for warranty, or would need to ship them back to US/UK which could end up more expensive then just buying in aus

hey guys, im thinking of upgrading to some 2000's and a 900 mixer, and ive found some really great deals on the setup, but they're either in the UK or US. With either one will it work just by changing the power cord, or will i need an adapter? Ive searched for the answer but can only find people importing from US to UK having a problem

Also anything over A$1k and customs will sting you with 10% GST. You will get a letter saying it needs to be paid before they will release the item.

cheers for all the info guys, might still look into it coz these seem to b pretty damn cheap still, heres the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200794224104?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1159wt_1156

still need to learn whatever language that is on there too lol

If you use a decent browser like Chrome it would translate it for you.

They will be about $4k landed which is still a good $1-1.5k better than locally. Just how much that warranty means to you personally? For me that kind of difference is worth the risk. A local power pack is easily purchased from dick smith/jaycar.

pio gear is well known for being reliable so hopefully you wouldnt need that warranty.

if anything does go wrong, you would be able to get it serviced, using the money you saved and possibly still end up infront.

I suppose you gotta weigh everything up, but personally id rather buy in aus and know that it will all work without having to worry with adapters and that i will have the warranty