The Ableton Thread

ChevChelios

For house I definately wouldn't be swinging the kick or the main snare, but cymbals and like incidental snare/perc and ghost notes should be swung. Haven't made a house track for a long time, haha, and when I did, I didn't use the groove engine, but at the moment I just use the normal swing in the groove pool thing, 16-5, with lots of random :D works really well for like 2-step/future garage stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

OK..

Save: will save any and all warp markers for that audio so when you re open it, it will all be there

Hi-Q: will use more memory to load the sound and process quicker (bad for slower comps)

Edit: will (if you've assigned one) send the current clip to a wave editor of you choice...

Hope that has it sorted for you.

• 1 month later...

i've got the launch pad its pretty good i mainly use it for live stuff, launching clips etc.

as for production its ok but for the way i work its only got to quickly program in some drums quickly, but all in all its very good for the price.

there is a heap of things out on the market though. check out the akai mpk49 its pretty much every thing in one. i got one last week and its pretty dope the MPC style pads are really good.

have read reviews and alot of people staying faithful to the apc40 but say the newer novation launchpad does the same thing basicly, and its much cheaper so that would be my option, like the look of the apc more though

just remember man that a sample is only a basis for a sound, you can shape any sound, to make it sound the way you want it.

For instance, you get a hi-hat. You want it on the off beat, nice and thick. But it just isnt... add some saturation, a filter and some EQ and it sounds completely different. Play around with the ADSR envelopes and the velocity and you got your self some groove!!

im mainly trying to get some great house sounds, dont know how to describe them, the pop xylophone kind of sounds you get in housen electro, similar to mobin master show me love songm but will play around, its taking me a while to learn lol, ableton is fairly scary at the start lol

wow after some good research im loving the look of the launchpad, for those who have 1 or have used 1, i no it seem great for creating and recording, but whats it like for live sets at gigs?

am pretty sure im getting 1 once i get some dosh :D

ableton still isnt making all sense to me but im slowly getting it, it comes with built in lessons to show you how to use it, but also youtube tutorials are pretty good, there are plenty as chev said, but dont do what i did and watch great ableton users and then try what they do and fail hard n crack the shits LOL

get ableton suite, its live with heaps of shit built in, might as well have it lol

i could teach anyone to use ableton in 10mins... face 2 face.

hearts, try tom cosm or sonic academy.

and both of you,dnt expect to move mountains straight away, production is very difficult to get gd at. just b patient

CBG perhaps your could help me, ive downloaded Antares Auto-Tune which is a pretty popular piece of software, and can be used as a plug in on ableton to fix up vocals, how the F do i get it going in ableton?

ive installed the software and its created a folder with all its shit in program files but i have no idea how to add pluggins to ableton???

• Cupe unpinned this topic