The Ableton Thread

ChevChelios

I GOT IT!!

I clicked on the black arrow that says unlock device paramaters, in the rack.

Then i just fiddled with all the parameters... every time I did that it popped up in the drop down box!!!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I wish I coul +rep myself :D

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Been a while since I posted something here, so I thought I'd chuck this in here, same vid I put in another thread.

Something he doesn't go over in this though is the attack time on your compressor, if you want to add a bit more click or punch or whatever you want, to your drums, you need to have a slower attack time to let some of the transient through, in the vid he crushes the whole thing. All about the application though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, ive got a problem, im trying to midi map a knob on my MPK49 to a knob on my auto filter, seems easy enough, click midi, everything goes blue, move the knob after clicking the knob on the auto filter...but nothing happens...ive got a shit little box to the left of my drum rack and auto filter saying macro 1 threw 9 and when i move the knobs only the macro knobs move...

i ended up just puting an apegiator on the knob and setting at a constant slope in the drop...but still i want to be able to map shit to the MPK's knobs...

help?

If you've got the macros, then you've grouped the drum rack and the auto filter together.

Ungroup them and you should be able to map what you want, if they're grouped for a reason, parallel processing or whatever, then you could just assign whatever parameters you want to control by clicking map mode in the macro window, click the parameter, then click the map button under which ever macro pot you want to assign it to.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Cupe unpinned this topic