The Ableton Thread

ChevChelios

I havent got access to Ableton atm

But from memory, you go to the plugins button which is on the top left, beneath the triangle button and the Instruments/effects button and above the 1 2 3 file browser buttons.

You go to plugins and it should have a button you press to apply settings. Go to it, designate a folder for all your plugins. Now reinstall the auto-tune and when it asks where to install the 'vst' install it in the folder you previously designated.. yeah??

otherwise, install the whole program in that folder.

IF it doesnt require installation, then just find a file that ends with .dll ie antares.dll and put it in the plugin folder you designated.

Once you done this, scan for plugins in the settings box in ableton, or just restart ableton.

OK... so now it pops up in the plugin panel... you can double click on it and it will either: apply itself to an audio track/midi track OR it will open up its own, or you can just drag it accross

ended up getting home, have tried everything, uninstall re-install drag n drop, copy paste extract make multiple folders, i no exactly where the Vst file is but everytime im in ableton and browse to the exact folder its in and click ok it doesnt show up even if i click rescan plugins or restart ableton....nothing....:(

ok, so as im yet to get a launchpad of sorts, is it possible to set stuff to my laptop keyboard?

im aware you can set keys to launch clips, that sounds easy enough, just set W to launch drum rack, E to launch piano clip etc etc

but what im wondering if it can be done is, when you drag and drop lets say an organ or piano and you create the midi clip then u get the piano keys (white notes and black flats and sharps) down the side and the boxes next them that u can click, rather then clicking where i want to add a note, can make it so say ASDFGHJK across my keyboard are notes?

so i can launch my drum rack and play lets say mary had a little lamb off my keyboard as a controller rather then clicking?

i hope all that makes sense.....

qwerty keys should allready work on your 'piano roll' load up an instrument like anakig and start hittin keys. should work

are you planning in producing?? if so.... i reeeeally think u should get a midi keyboard first... mine has trigger pads on it, channel faders, rotary knobs. so you can perform with it as well.

you'll start getting bored w your launchpad and pissed off you dont have some real, velocity sensitive keys in front of you

yeah qwerty should automatically be set up, middle row is your whites and top row is your blacks, z and x are octave up/down. To be honest I think a keyboard isn't that neccesary especially if you cant play, whereas your launchpad is just like button mashing and shit, requires barely any skill besides rhythm making it funner imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool Stereo Widening Trick

A nice little trick using sample delay, works great with cymbals, leads and vocals.

Whachudo!

Step 1

Grab your sound source, whatever it may be, then duplicate the audio/midi track. Pan One hard right and the other hard left. This will make your clip 100% stereo.

Step 2

Bring up the track delays (click the little D tab on the bottom right of your sesson screen). Now under your fader there should be a box with numbers and a yellow thing that says "ms", click ye olde yellow thing to change it to sample delay.

Step 3

Fiddle around with the sample times on both of the tracks, send one negative and one positive, they firther away from each other they go, they further away the samples will start from each other, if you go too far it will probably sound shite, but experimentation is good ;).

Thats pretty much it, you can make as many duplicates as you want to creat crazy supertracked sounds, alaimogenheapsteez, which works great on vocals. Another cool thing to do is if you only have hard left and right channels, get some delays going on the opposing sides.

Ill add some more shit if I remember it :thumleft:

• Cupe unpinned this topic