It's Here

SolDios

http://soundcloud.com/officialsoldios/soldios-promo-mix

Here we go!

Just two small bits where the beats are 1/10th off and one song (We no speak americano remix) has some weird ass phrasing, no idea how to adjust for it. Still sounds good though :)

Either way if you think I should re-record before I send it out to clubs and such just say so!

ENJOY 8)

Track List:

------------

Believe It (Cazzette Androids Sound Hot Remix)

Rave Dirty

All Night Long

Forever (Radio Edit)

G6 N Stuff (Inphinity Bootleg)

We No Speak Americano (Porter Robinson Remix) (Marten Edit)

Hangover (Jump Smokers Extended Mix)

Champagne Showers [R3hab Remix]

Knife Party - Internet Friends

Titanium (Cazzette's Ant Seeking Hamster Mix)

Turbulent Rock Anthem

--------------

Just realised how bad the Americano wreck was, will re record after dinner.

However, like I said before partially in my defence it doesn't go by the standard every 32 all the time which makes it naturally sound off.

Still, there going the same BPM, there just a tad off each other, will fix after dinner.

Nice work finally getting something up! props for that

Some things to improve on technically:

transition into americano was messy.

i'd say watch your phrasing and levels.

also vocal clases on a couple of transitions.

Besides that your beatmatching is alot better, so well done on that part!

also i would say if your going to be sending this to a club, i'd change the track list up. these are all tracks i would drop in a commercial set this time last year, so you want the club owner to show you have freshest of content, not stuff that was popular and has been raped and no longer being played. You which is what people want to hear when they go out. I'd say hold off and once your 18 hit up a few clubs where you plan on sending the mix to get the vibe of what they are playing at the venues before you send anything in.

Thanks everyone!

And thanks for the great advice mitch! Might re-do this just for the local peeps looking to hire!

Then il have a look at the top 40'ish tonight and find good remixes of em, try get another promo out by the end of the week and submit it monday, even though I'm not 18 it would help to start early and get myself heard right?

Thanks everyone!

And thanks for the great advice mitch! Might re-do this just for the local peeps looking to hire!

Then il have a look at the top 40'ish tonight and find good remixes of em, try get another promo out by the end of the week and submit it monday, even though I'm not 18 it would help to start early and get myself heard right?

Liked the mix Sol but actually it would probably work against you submitting them before you're 18.

Most club owners/dj bookers wont say ooh ill remember this guy for in a few months, they will want a dj when they look at your mix.

yes mate.

well thought out overall flow, smooth mixes and generally put a smile on my face.

No prob with that mix from g6 to americano. FYI: I don't just listen to a mix. I move around and get on with my day, this simulates listening in a club better than sitting down and intensely scrutinizing a mix for "mistakes". If I was in club I would be chatting, drinking, dancing, laughing and so would everyone else, so we wouldn't notice that wobble unless we were stood over the DJ being a dick and not enjoying the party. You pulled it off by setting the arrangements of the two songs good enough. The build up of americano covered the slight mis-match of beats. It could get better, but it wasn't wrong.

That doesnt mean it won't put of a club owner who is listening for perfection. So for online posts you may need to tidy it a bit. Just don't give yourself a hard time for that mix.

It's not my fav genre and I don't know what is current like Mitch does so won't comment on the song choices.

Am just well chuffed you got it together Sol. +rep.

p.s. if you dont remember me I'm the whale who first recognised who fenix was all that time ago ;)

thread of the year

+rep for getting out sol =D>

overall i think it a very solid mix. in agreeance with overit. the slight mistake is never going to really be the killer. if u gave a 35minute mi to a promoter it would suprise me if they are going to sit there for 35minutes of their day to scrutinize a mix they've probably never heard before. they are going to play it round their workplace and do other things while they listen.