sum beats

overit

In the past I have tried to redo mixes after an original jam session to polish them up... thing is I can't get the time for the practise, and without a crowd playing songs in the same order a 2nd time feels boring.

From now on mixes get posted as they got done: off the cuff and ruff, just the way they sounded 1st time the record button was pressed.

Well i listened to as much as i could doing the dishes tonight lol. Much respect! I am woeful at mixing tracks smoothly, you nailed it! Not much stuff i could recognize and not my usual flavour of hip hop, but i was impressed with the transitions

And choice of tunes! I got up to where i heard gangstarr about to drop then my phone went flat and i was like "shit just when i recognized something" lol.

Will giv it sone more tommoro night, but yeah man, real nice and smooth!

Keep i :thumleft: t up

ah wkd man, i'm stoked you like, thanks so much for listening and commenting :)

P.S. that gangstarr track is a remix, I love the rap but the original tracks prod wouldn't stand up next to those other new prod tracks. I really need to expand my own accappela collection innit.

BTW: Did you notice where I pressed the play/pause button on the wrong deck half way through a song lol!

Ruff as it comes mate :)

Acapella's are the dj's bread and butter! I got a decent few, but always hunting for more, one day I'll get Mobb deep shook ones!

wish you were in perth so you could come show me how to mix better, i can teach anyone to scratch and juggle! but as ive never played clubs, i dont practice actual mixing enough, much easier to just throw on another instrumental and keep cuttin and scratching!

Peace!

overit, post more vids mate!

i too need as much help on my hip hop mixing and i think watching is the best learning tool. because sometimes when just listening i spend too much time dissecting what part was the song, what part was transition, what part was wizadry. but on vid i can see you fiddling your knobs and shit.

hows the school going anyways? you should have webinars! id pay for that.

overit, post more vids mate!

i too need as much help on my hip hop mixing and i think watching is the best learning tool. because sometimes when just listening i spend too much time dissecting what part was the song, what part was transition, what part was wizadry. but on vid i can see you fiddling your knobs and shit.

hows the school going anyways? you should have webinars! id pay for that.

+1 moar vids! we need your help

overit is a bit overwhelmed over here...

cheers for the rep and I'll do my best lads, but that webinar idea... that is spinning me out. Sounds like a great idea, and something I could deliver. But I will need help sorting the IT side, and ensuring I get paid etc.

Not that you few would have to pay, you can be guinea pigs if that's cool?

Anyway before any of that the school is getting there: we wanted to wire in a few extra plugs sockets but while we were up in the attic laying the cables we realised the whole ceiling was unsafe so have had to step back a little, rebuild, re-decorate and ish.

such is life. It's all good :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

SKype looks like a winner.

Have tested at home and works fine although audio gets crackly when happening from two users at same time.

If you want free webinar sessions with me I will give you them, but you have to understand you are beta testing for me so if a session fails due to streaming or summat you just gonna have to roll with it.

1st things 1st: join skype, you'll need an email account then you make up a username and password for the skype account, confirm registration via your email account then send me your skype username.

DO IT NOW!