Which CDJs to buy

Otto

Been DJing on CDJ 1000MK3s so far at home - getting a little sick of burning CDs though everytime I want to mix new songs.

Anyway, long story short - I need to give the CDJs back to my friend because he wants to sell them, and I don't particularly want to buy them off him because burning CDs is honestly just annoying.

In terms of budget, I really don't want to spend more than $1200 or so. That's probably the absolute maximum I want to spend, preferably would spend even less.

At the moment I'm thinking of getting a pair of 350s. From what I can see, the only significant difference between 350s and 850s, is the size (of both the player and the screen) and the ability of the 850 to display waveforms.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Do the 350s feel very different to 850s/900s/2000s because of the small platter?

they will feel a bit different. 850's feel more like 1000s - the 350s feel closer to 400's as the platter is smaller (and the whole unit itself is smaller).

Also with the 350s, when using usb you can only see 1 track at a time when scrolling through playlists, as opposed to 3 when on the 850s. the 850s are much easier to browse on with usb because of this

Been DJing on CDJ 1000MK3s so far at home - getting a little sick of burning CDs though everytime I want to mix new songs.

Anyway, long story short - I need to give the CDJs back to my friend because he wants to sell them, and I don't particularly want to buy them off him because burning CDs is honestly just annoying.

So you want to buy CDJ's but your fed up burning CD's?

I take it your after usb capability?

You should look at using Traktor or Serato too.

Sorry I should have made that clear. Yes I'm after USB capability, and don't really like Serato or Traktor that much. Not sure why but I prefer just using CDJs on their own.

Other than the size, the wheel on the 350s operates exactly the same as on any othe CDJ right?

honestly it was for me, i bought 350s and instantly regretted it (after being used to playing on 900s), this was when the top of the line was 900s though, and there wasnt much room inbetween budget wise. 350s felt very toy/plasticy

now you have 3 major options for big platter (850, 900, 2000) instead of just 900, and 850s are very much worth it for the price

if youre going to get 350s you may as well just pick up a controller these days, same size platter as 350 but with a shit load of extras for the same price