Save Your Hearing While DJing in 3 Easy Steps

russell

We just cut the ends off the ear plugs, so they fit snug without that shitty bit poking out.

thats a good idea, might do that

i have the same problem as Gremm1s with the earplugs, the sticky out bit hits the inside of my cans and pushed them too far into my ear (can feel them hitting my ear drum or something)

as for wearing them in clubs.. i do it all the time. my friends give me shit for it, but the next morning they are hte ones with ringing ears and im not

I also think i can hear the music clearer aswell, and can hear people speak better aswell

definetly can recommend

I use these

FtJHg7F.jpg

http://www.etymotic.com/

Wear them not just when DJing, but general clubbing. Saves ears.

To get anything better than those you'd be looking at custom moulded ones (which is a very viable option if you would use them every week)

I bought these.

I cut off the top part of the plug which goes into your ear as it was too long for my liking and I also melted down the plastic on the bottom part that is used to pull them in and out of your ear. I can wear them while djing as well.

The ones that I said you shove all the way in, I was talking about the old classic 3m ones.... I use these all the time at work (all day).

3m-e.a.r-classic-earplugs-2517-p.jpg

I could understand you wanting to cut the end off those ones. No need for expensive exotic ones. The cheapies work just as well if using the correct size (people have different sized ear holes) and inserted correctly. But they are not re-usable as they lose the attenuation ability with each use.

The ones that I said you shove all the way in, I was talking about the old classic 3m ones.... I use these all the time at work (all day).

3m-e.a.r-classic-earplugs-2517-p.jpg

I could understand you wanting to cut the end off those ones. No need for expensive exotic ones. The cheapies work just as well if using the correct size (people have different sized ear holes) and inserted correctly. But they are not re-usable as they lose the attenuation ability with each use.

Their ok for general use.

There are other which are designed specifically for music to kill certain frequencies. those foam ones would not cut it.