help me find some ideas for new chunes

wrxfiend

I scour youtube, dig through old records and try to think of tv shows and movies with good music in them, to find samples or loops to make new beats. But it's always nice to get others input, if you guys can think of any songs that you'd like to hear turned in to hip hop, let me know. stuff that works well is usually quite minimal, ie 8 bar intros with no drums, that sort of thing. any thing instrumental is easier to work with.

If you come up with something cool, i'll phatten it up and upload to souncloud, tagged with ausdjforums.

Interested to see what you guys come up with.

Cheers Fiend

• 4 weeks later...

saw this and thought of you:

Pianist and composer Bob James may very well be the most sampled jazz musician in the history of hip-hop. Pieces of his now famous compositions like “Nautilus” and “Take Me to the Mardi Gras” have been endlessly loaded into MPCs, SP-1200s, and various other sampling devices for well over two decades. And those loops and chops make up the sounds of some of rap’s dopest records ever, like Ghostface Killah’s Wu banger “Daytona 500,” and Warren G and Nate Dogg’s West Coast classic “Regulate.” And that’s just two of hundreds. Scroll through Bob’s WhoSampled page, and you’ll find the names and sounds of seminal songs by Run-D.M.C., Gang Starr, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Main Source, Slick Rick, and countless other renowned rap acts. They all recognized Bob’s brilliance, and chose his music to be a part of their sample-based hip-hop masterpieces.

Moar Bob James info here:

http://www.fourplayjazz.com/?p=4057

mate - reggae is my root.

check this: http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=188

it's part of a great series of modern compilation albums called "dynamite 100%", then: 200%, 300 % etc... by Soul Jazz records - they clump together pretty much every great reggae/dancehall/ska track as good quality wavs on CDs.

also their studio one series - great source of horns, hits, organs etc but just fantastic music without any bull.

get yer skank on mate :)

mate - reggae is my root.

check this: http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=188

it's part of a great series of modern compilation albums called "dynamite 100%", then: 200%, 300 % etc... by Soul Jazz records - they clump together pretty much every great reggae/dancehall/ska track as good quality wavs on CDs.

also their studio one series - great source of horns, hits, organs etc but just fantastic music without any bull.

get yer skank on mate :)

You sir are the toppest Whale! :likeasir: