SurfaceRT Thread

Gandy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Moved most of my notes from various other sources into onenote with skydrive sync on the weekend.

OneNote on the RT is so good.

done this when I first got my surface, life is so easy now. onenote, onelove

Surface is hands down the best work tablet on the market

just got 8tracks, a music/radio station that's like a hybrid of spotify and Pandora, really digging it as all the playlists are made by people/humans, and you can search by nearly any tag you want eg. feel good, workout, road trip etc etc.

gonna update my first post today to include all my apps for easier reading

Will look into that tonight, need a good radio app to go with my most recent purchase:

Got a pioneer wireless speaker. Can send audio using DLNA to the speaker wirelessly from within audio applications on the surface :D

Also works from iPhone, computer etc. via airplay

m_img_60465.jpg

Will look into that tonight, need a good radio app to go with my most recent purchase:

Got a pioneer wireless speaker. Can send audio using DLNA to the speaker wirelessly from within audio applications on the surface :D

Also works from iPhone, computer etc. via airplay

m_img_60465.jpg

Sync! Have the exact same one.

Mitch - can you do a writeup on how you're configuring all the playing options? Perhaps it's time I started using iTunes on my desktop/laptop to able to do this, but having the ability to transfer the sound to this speaker from my desktop has the potential to be fucking awesome. I think it's time I upgraded my WiFi at home too.

Currently have mine set up in the I am a fagget - beats while doing house duties is good.

Gandy - Recommended man, really good piece of kit.

Join speaker to your home wifi if you haven't already. Name speaker something more readable than default name

(can redownload manual from Internet if you lost it)

Speaker shows up under airplay options in iTunes, as well as the play to options under devices menu in windows 8.

Will go into more detail when I get home if needed.

Gandy, speaker is pretty decent for its size. You can also go next model up which has subwoofer in, for a bit more punch.

It also has 3.5mm in, so I can use it as an external speaker for my tv as well.

O and USB if you wanna directly plug an iPod in

For the pro, yes. Runs an intel core processor, and has windows 8 pro OS. Same capabilities as a laptop/desktop.

However you'd probably want an external monitor if you're going to be running traktor. Would be a bit hard to view the interface properly on the 10" screen

Monies have been transferred for the launch tomorrow. Getting giddy with excitement.

Trying to nail down whether I'd need the 64gb over the 32gb. Any thoughts to this? I think with a giant microSD card I should be fine with the 32gb model?

Also, need an accessory check;

Surface 2 RT.

Type Cover.

Biggest MicroSD card.

Ext Wty.

Anything else I should be getting?

Just make sure you get the good keyboard not the shitty colourful ones

What do you mean? The new Type Cover comes in 4 different colours, is there another one that I should be aware about? I've decided against the Touch Cover due to bad reviews, but 1000+ sensors compared to 80 from the original seems like it could change a few things. Though I'll stick to what I know as I want the keyboard for functionality.

What do you mean? The new Type Cover comes in 4 different colours, is there another one that I should be aware about? I've decided against the Touch Cover due to bad reviews, but 1000+ sensors compared to 80 from the original seems like it could change a few things. Though I'll stick to what I know as I want the keyboard for functionality.

There's a cheaper one and a more expensive one, one looks plasticy and doesn't actually have keys where as the more expensive one is better, fuck knows why they called them such similar names

You want the more expensive one

Also I have the 32gb model and havnt even needed to buy an expansion microSD yet not even close to using up the space

There's a cheaper one and a more expensive one, one looks plasticy and doesn't actually have keys where as the more expensive one is better, fuck knows why they called them such similar names

You want the more expensive one

Also I have the 32gb model and havnt even needed to buy an expansion microSD yet not even close to using up the space

Not sure if it's much of a comparison, but I only have a 16gb iPad and it's more than enough when you take into consideration the storage space on laptop, smartphone, etc.

only thing to be careful of is knowing how much of the actual space is taken up by the OS, I cant remember off the top of my head but I know its a fair chunk but again, with an expansion micro SD its no issue and I think mitch has the 32gig one as well

I bought a 32GB microSD card pretty cheap, and just did a bit of rejigging in the backend (nohomo) so it is a part of the windows 8 libraries & everything saves to it by default.

Not that i would have filled up the internal storage anyway, just OCD on file storage