Please help me decide on a new controller:

SolDios

Alright il explain the situation:

Recently acquired a semi-residency at the Casadonian in town through my agency. Although there a great venue with a loyal community, they are currently using CDJ 100's. If you want something different they have the facility's there all ready to go to plug in a controller.

And there's the thing, although my NS6 is a beautiful reliable piece of kit, it's quite hard to access the individual line level meters (It only displays the overall, in order to see individual line you have to hold down the cue of the channel you want to see for 4 seconds, and then it will show until you release the button.) It's absolutely janky as hell, doesn't matter so much for house parties and such but in a club there's no way I want to risk missing something as simple as not leveling my tracks.

The other gripe with it is more to do with how I like to mix, you can't cue two tracks at the same time, you have to have one cue'd and put the cue/master knob in the middle, but even then there not the same volumes.

It's also with the road case the hugest thing in history, and weighs a ton. I'l be moving to a more convenient backpack method of transportation.

This is why I think it's time to call it quits, sell the ns6 in it's pristine condition for $600 with the case and move on.

Here are my choices really: (If you have any other suggestions please say so):

21845_article_big.png

DDJ-SR

Pretty sweet piece of kit, nice and portable, can't really see anything wrong with it (Longer pitch faders would be nice but meh)

maxresdefault.jpg

XDJ-r1

With an ipad you essentially have two 2000's and a 900 mixer. Abit bulkier but you don't even need a laptop, it's standalone! My main worry is going to be fitting all my music onto the usb's and updating it and shit regularly as it can't just grab it from a laptop like a controler can. I really do like this piece of kit, could even replace my 370's.

I do like the fact that it's abit bigger, would let me get into the mix abit more as I can move around and feel the music easier.

Also I can beatmatch like I would on cdj's, so id never go out of practice.

Really viable in the method that it 'could' replace my need for indivdual cdj's at home

traktor-kontrol-s4.png

S4

Always been a quality piece of kit, forget beat matching on it though, seriously. but it is the height of convenience and has everything you need size wise. Really cheap too!

As you can see the main choices are between the R1 and the SR, but I guess the only reason im tied up between them would be the fact that the R1 could mean I can sell my 3700's etc. but the SR is the most convenient for a controller.

plz help

Kris

Aren't there line level indicators on the laptop screen?

Not in itch :(

beatmatching and the s4 for me is mostly due to the jog position and size, as well as like mitch said with the tiny pitch faders.

Pretty well decided on the bigger brother of the SR the SX as it has better line level faders.

Pitch faders are tiny, which makes it different as it either jumps in bigger increments, or limits you to a smaller +/- %.

Just different to what most people are used to

I've never laid hands on any other controller but from pictures they all look much the same. Yes, smaller than CDJ's but all controllers seem to be similar... Maybe I am wrong.

Can't be too much of a problem for most. As for controllers there is only one that gets any use from the pro's and it's not the Pioneer ones.