Summer Funky Mix

Kodiak

Something completely new for me. Usually mixing Electro and Progressive House shit. But I have been digging this down tempo funkier kind of tunes recently. I have collecting songs for a while now and thinking I need to get my ass in gear and make a mix. I am not usually a live mixer. I usually prepare everything, but I got sick of fucking round and thought I would just wing it. No cue points even set. Yes there are some cringe worthy moments in there... Real ugly between 3rd and 4th song (i think) and then I accidently bump the pitch fader later on... Oh well.

Still nice to move out of my comfort zone and try a new genre.

Let me know what you think?

https://soundcloud.com/dj-drc1/summer-funky-mix

sexy sexy. love the mix man.

love dem funky tunes. been wanting to do one myself

side note, 5 seconds at the start to throw off soundcloud's detection bs?

Thanks... Silence? Yeah I've given up not doing it. May not be needed but saves having to go back and adding some silence in later if I do.

Fuck this was perfect to kick off the working week with.

Upbeat, not too hard, some dope feelgood tunes.

=D>

Cheers. Nice to know the tunes I selected worked. Pretty much what I was aiming for. Was thinking of a late afternoon beer garden or poolside setting as I was making it. And hopefully those couple cock ups didn't ruin it.

• 1 year later...