AUSTRALIAN DJ FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cupe

Need some speakers/monitors

I want to get a few so I have a pair for using with the TV (so don't necessarily have to be as directional) and some for my audio/computer setup for DJing and production.

Don't want to pay heaps, maybe under $500 for a pair.

Do I need any other shit or do they just hook in?

kgo pls

for tv, i couldn't give you an answer. i guess if you have an amp then it should be fine. 
for computer wise, you just need a decent audio interface, which i assume you already have.

decent monitors on a budget, the Behringer's are quite ok. you could probably get decent ones in their range for 500 bucks. they do the job if that's what you're after. if size doesn't matter then you should be able to pick up some 4" ones pretty cheap

for about $500 you're looking at krk rokit 5's, yamaha hs5's or jbl lsr305s (5" versions of the ones dflux has). Think a couple people on here have the yam's, probably the flattest and best for production if you get them set up right

Yeah, Behringer's are okay. They're cheap and sound nice when I watch movies and stuff on them.

For production, though, I think Yamahas are the ones that arere quite good, from what I've heard. As Scott said, they're quite flat. My tunes mixed with my Behringers sound incredibly mid-rangey so I need to mix with both headphones and speakers.

Yeah I agree with the sound of the mix. My mixes become quite mid heavy in the berrys so you'll need to cross reference them