Help with purchase of Technics 1210 MK3D

Transe

Hey everyone 

I have a mate who is willing to sell me 2 x technics 1210 MK3D and I wasn't sure what these are going for new ?

i think they have only been used a couple of times and are in excellent condition, i want to be fair in my offer so looking for some help please :)

cheers 

They stopped making them ages ago obviously, so there's no 'new' ones left. 

Price heavily depends on condition. Busted up - 400-500

normal - 500-600

good/very good - 600-700

some retailers will charge 800-1000 but they're normally very good condition, serviced, and with a 3 month guarantee. 

price also moves based on demand 

kind of like shares. its a little more stable now that the discontinuation but back in the day every rumored story could double the price overnight. 

i used to find during festival season the prices are high as everyone wants to become a dj. 

i havent looked in a minit but i did once follow it for six months. and yeh 1200 mk2 would go from 400-1000. any of the newer models after that would add a bit of a premium. 

i wouldnt pay more than a thousand unless mint as and M5Gs

No reason to pay more than 400-500 for a decent 1200 nowadays IMO - you can always get cheap mk3's from japan for those kind of prices after shipping, just a matter of picking up a $20 transformer if it doesnt have the voltage switch under the platter

i bought my 1200 MK5's 6 years ago for $1000 each, they were and still are in immaculate condition, only 1 previous owner, and i'm not getting rid of them anytime soon lol

Check out some local Facebook groups in your area, i know here in Perth some show up every now and then for a decent price