OFFICIAL LOGIC THREAD

JonnyB

Here's what you do Addi.

1.) Create and audio track, as well as a software instrument track, and select the EXS24 sampler.

2.) Drag the audio sample you want onto the audio channel.

3.) Open up the EXS24 sampler and click the "edit" button (above the volume slider in the lop left-hand corner).

4.) Drag the audio file from the audio channel and drop it into anywhere on the edit window.

5.) Save your sampler under Instrument --> Save As.

If you want to get that dutch house sound though, open the EXS24 back up and play with the "glide" settings (Usually around 70-100ms is good). Playing with the portamento can also create some cool stuff.

Hope that makes sense.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get really creative with the pitch bend too. If you listen to tunes by DJ bam bam, Aftojack, and even pon de floor you can hear the intricacy in the bending of those notes.

And thanks for that street. Gonna go write that down somewhere so I don't forget this time lol

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, need some help!

Been making a few electro tracks, bootlegs and mashups lately. I feel like I am falling short on making the vocal stand out.

I have looked at a few tuts but wanted to see what you do.

Lets say I am doing a bootleg, and I have the acapella over parts of the track, what compressors/effects do you put on the vocal track(s)? And what settings do you use with them...

Cheers!

Vocals are something you play around with until you get what you feel sounds right but what I do is make the vocals sound level with the rest of the track and then bring up the fader. I'd constantly stop and restart the track so your ears can adjust. I can't really give you an exact amount or what eq or compressors to use coz frequencies are always different but give the basic vocal compressor preset a go and maybe try a vocal eq preset and adjust to taste

Yeah sweet, and do you generally just use 1 layer of the same vocal? Or would you also perhaps have 1 as a softer backing type vocal, with more of a 'wet' feel?

It really depends on the song and vocal I know but yeah, I feel I am probably doing too much to the vocals.

• 4 weeks later...

how come this isnt a sticky?

anyways, question about EXS24 patches (.exs)

I can't seem to find where to store them. i've dropped my file into User > Library > Application Support > Logic > Sampler Instruments but it doesnt show up when i open EXS24. why is this or where do i put it?

• 1 month later...

guys,

I'm somewhat over building sounds in Massive at the moment and want to start using the sounds in my Extreme. Only thing is, i cant work out how to record or get a signal from it. I dont want to use MIDI because i'm already using it as a controller (via Cakewalk UM-1G). I have audio running out of my Extreme into my soundcard (Cakewalk UA-1G) and get a perfect signal when playing it stand alone. Once i open logic up i'm not sure what to do to be able to record it via audio. can anyone help me?

to make a written sorta diagram, this is what i have

Audio OUT - Triton Extreme (Synthesizer) > IN - Cakewalk UA-1G Audio Interface > USB to MAC

yeah mate.

it's all good. got it sorted. was SO damn easy :( just took me an hour at least to work it out. looking in all the wrong places *wtf*

The amount if times I've hooked something up to Ableton and couldn't get the sound. Drove myself nuts a few times. :lol:

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone help me out with an issue i'm having with Logic X.

I'm new to logic so it's probably something really simple.

I've loaded in a drum machine, programming in kick, hats etc is fine but for some reason a couple of instruments don't play what they are supposed to and play back another sound from the stack...

Any clues?