Vinyl set up?

JonnyB

ok well im looking into getting some turntable, and i guess a scratching mixer as well.

i know literally fuck all about it all.

what sort of price am i looking at, what turntable will do the trick?

can someone give me some links to some reasonable priced stuff, and by that i mean cheap :)

yeah not getting technique at this point, if i bought them, i wouldnt be going down the snow this year.

by the way chev, saw candy's studio yesterday :o they dont 2 massive screens, 2 of the best monitors there is (ill get the names of them soon) a section for mastering, audio engineers to master your tracks there. they have logic/ableton/FL studio i think, and they are buying a bunch of analog gear. then sound proofing the room.

you need to get some gigs there asap so you can come use it. apparently its not free though, small sur charge to use it.

i dont blame them though, when the whoe area is finished theyd of pumped more then 100k into it

damn, thats so good, fuck I wanna use that. I dont think Ill get a gig there playing anything that I would actually want to play, candy's are a bit close minded imo. Ill just pggyback in with you :teef::lol:

On topic, second hand stantons and a second hand mixer would be pretty cheap, you should get a four channel so you can have your cdjs goin too ;)

yeah stantons are good, go the 150's though and you guaranteed wont be let down. they a not really cheap but they go well.

i got the st150's, most scratch purists will say get the str8-150's, but my mate scratches just fine with the s-arm.

store dj got em for 699. i got mine for 650 in a dj warehouse sale late last year, but in the last dj warehouse sale they had them for 495 (or somehting less than $500) which is a bargain. i guess maybe wait around for the next sale?

they also come up in ebay quite a lot, if you willing to go down that route.

in terms of mixers, whats wrong with what you got now? as long as its got cross fade curve then it should work alright. if you think the crossfader not smooth enuff, install an innofader.

ive used an older stanton s3 which was rock solid and smooth. i think its current equivalent is a good entry level scratch mixer. but personally knowing what i know now i would definitely go with more channels, and on board effects would be nice.

and these days you see all the old dmc boys like a-trak rocking big 4 channel mixers.

i have a pair of St150's and i actually rate them over the Technics TBH. also the Numark TT's arnt so bad either. if you're scratching most the time, id go with a straight arm deck too

mixer wise, get yourself a Rane Battle mixer when you get the moulas. but until then grab a Stanton SA3 (i think.. someone here is talkin about it). i highly rate that mixer as a simple battle mixer. you could go the Technics 2ch battle mixer but i duno what they're like.

how much do they go for scond hand, you quoted them not losing money, so wouldnt they be just expensive as brand new ones?

if there around 900 brand new, resale would be 700 easy i reckon. but thats even with the stantons. flagship turntables hold their value because they're solid. whether you want to save a few hundred for second hand or pay the extra for brand new ones is up to you IMO