Aussie HipHop Thread.

JonnyB

Anyone here dig the aussie hiphop, dont mix, but i def have a sweet spot for it.

Aussie battla

Pegz

Tzu

The Herd

Downsyde

hilltop

BnE

The Tounge.

Urthboy

All guys/groups i get a little excited about when i hear them on the j's.

Aus hiphop is a great live genre too, love it.

yeah man, loves it.

been down since the days of def wish cast and sound unlimited.

i find aussie hip hop producers do it better than heaps of their us counterparts. aiight there are some biggies like dre and 9th wonder who still kill, but i think oz producers hold their own. ut i think the breaks that oz producers find, plus the use of live instrumentation just make it tops.

did ya check the m-phazes album, he's a producer and he wheeled in several mcs pegz, bliss n esso etc.

and yeah im a big hilltop, herd and tzu fan.

some other ones to check, who verge on funk/ hip hop are king farook and kid confucius (well their first album anywho) who both have live bands.

resin dogs rock.

quan's solo last year also killed, one of my fave albums. check his collabo with spod called blox. spewing it was onl a 5 track thing.

i must admit that is true in some small part.

i dont think all mc's sound the same, rather the same mc sounds the same track after track. just the same speed same tone for each 16 bars of every verse of most songs. (US mc's are the same, say eminem if it aint got d12 or someone else from his camp on a song, i can barely stand it for the whole 3 verses). while you can get pro's like snoop or even some of the youngins like cudi who can mix it up. snoop can use his voice alone to be both melodic and percussive such that its a song to itself (yeah yeah i know these days he has a lot of filler too, but in there are always gems).

but i think the oz scene is changing. people like phrase, bliss n esso on their second album, tzu most definitely, have really started to mix it up such that whole albums can rock.

i rection the adding of the female vocal to herd has added wonders to them (just like fergie to bep :safe:).

i dont like hiphop for the way it sounds, but rather what they sing about, ESPECIALLY the herd and a fair bit of tzu, i can relate to so many of their tracks its rediculous. i dont listen to them because i like the sounds or flow, but because when i do listen to it, i can match it up to real life situations ive been in, and it just makes it alot more real then all other music,

Which is why i hate american hiphop rap.(with the exception os Nas, that guys a fukin genious) where they rap about money bitchs glocks 9mm's drive by's killing niggas, 95% of the guys arnt speaking from any experience at all. just rapping what the public wanna hear so they can blast that shit out of the car systems rolling down the street with a hard arse image.

where as aussie hip hop, 95% of the rappers speak from true experiences or which experiences they rap about are real and of which there listners have most likely had similar experiences making the listen more real.

what you aint got any guns and hoes, man you missing out!... heh.

yeah for sure i hear what you saying. not that i dont mind my gangsta gangsta (straight outta compton still rules!). theres heaps more US artists who've adopted the conscious rap/ backpack rap/ alternative rap especially in the new school so i wouldnt write it off. if you want to check em, just looking at what ive bought in the last couple of months check out

murs

felt (which is murs and slug)

kidz in the hall

cool kids

reflection eternal (talb kweli with the producer hi-tek who use to do mainly gangsta gangsta)

mos def

even common who hasnt dropped anything in a while

oh yeah speaking of nas, i picked up his collabo with junior gong (bob marleys kid) yest. havent listened to it yet. gonna rip it to my ipod tonight after i do some tunes buying from juno (that time of the month).

mc cupe in the hizouse... say hooo

what you aint got any guns and hoes, man you missing out!... heh.

yeah for sure i hear what you saying. not that i dont mind my gangsta gangsta (straight outta compton still rules!). theres heaps more US artists who've adopted the conscious rap/ backpack rap/ alternative rap especially in the new school so i wouldnt write it off. if you want to check em, just looking at what ive bought in the last couple of months check out

murs

felt (which is murs and slug)

kidz in the hall

cool kids

reflection eternal (talb kweli with the producer hi-tek who use to do mainly gangsta gangsta)

mos def

even common who hasnt dropped anything in a while

oh yeah speaking of nas, i picked up his collabo with junior gong (bob marleys kid) yest. havent listened to it yet. gonna rip it to my ipod tonight after i do some tunes buying from juno (that time of the month).

mc cupe in the hizouse... say hooo

yeah i know what yoursaying, i should of just said i hated the typical rap stereotype which seems to be a very very large majority of american rap.

Although i do like a few select song, e.g as you mentioned staight out of compton and real mutherfukkin gee's

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...