Fuckin Unbelievable

Jaz

so as many of you know ive been waiting for some gear in the mail, but for some reason technology loves to fuck with me,

The amp i have been waiting for from the Melbourne DJ City stores arrived this morning, im ecstatic and open the box to see a repair invoice taped to the top saying "returned about 2 weks ago broken, wont run properly and 1 speaker input has low volume, smoke smell after running"

and then a small list of specs that needed to be repaired. WHAT THE FUCK!

so i thought ok ill see if it works......will not even turn on!

i will be calling them in half an hour and raging

when my midi controller came from them it had a rattle as well

sorry but i needed to vent with ppl who actually know what im talking about

have you ever been screwed by a store?

nope, brand new, full price, am on hold with them now, manager starts at 11am, calling back for him, have spoken to a bloke about getting next day mail as i was hoping to use the amp at a mates place this satdy

will see what i can get done about my midi controller rattle

will update !

Bought a behringer amp from arsehole dj warehouse.

One channel did not work. Phoned dj warehouse and was told to contact behringer direct as it was not an item the usually stocked and they could not help me.

They haven't heard of the trade practices act.

Behringer arranged a courier to pick up the amp and give me another one at no cost. Impressed with their service.

D.J city usually provide great service and will spend time with you discusing your needs.

They also let you negotiate a fair price. go there often.

shit yeah. dj warehouse gave me appauling customer service one day, last time i shopped there. will end up costing them HEAPS

Must have been Archie's pill head mate Mr Personality. Sold me the wrong xlr plug. took me ages to change pins. dick head.

update : courier will be picking up the amp and my hercules, and getting them both replaced at their cost, i hassled for next day mail but aparently not possible, still pissed off but happy i am getting a new midi controller that doesnt rattle and an amp thats actually new

but now its gonna be like 2 weeks (my guess) before i get my stuff

after i get my shit back i will probs be staying away from DJ city

that sux man, i feel for you.

I bought a Computer Music magazine the other day, the DVD in it was basically the whole reason I bought it because it has heaps of videos that occupany the tutorials in the mag.

I get home and the DVD doesnt work on my pc, i think thats not unusual cus my pc sucks. I try it on 4 other computers to find out its fucked.

I read the back and it says, for faulty discs, return to bla bla bla, bath, england!! ffs, I have to pay to send it back then wait for an entire month to get one back that hopefully works!!

No where near as annoying as your story, but yeah, i feel your pain

I'd be making them bend over backwards to get that new one to you, or i'd be asking for a refund straight away and goto someone who will.

And then not forget to mention that you were shopping at X shit store and they wouldn't do Y stuff to get your business, then watch the other guys fall head first to please you :).

CBG, i'm pretty sure if you popped them a nice phone call they'd just send one to you. Most stuff like that i can usually get sorted out with a very calm phone call - don't forget if you call back, chances are you'll get someone different too, who might actually be able to pull your request off.