Serato Club Set up?

callmeyo

Hey Boys and Girls

im getting quite fond of djing with serato.

what are my chances of being able to dj with turntables and serato at gigs?

Do i just rock up with my extension cords, laptop and serato box?

whats the usual deal with setting up your set? are you expected to just use a mixer and decks or is serato bring along cool?

thanks team x

i thought usually is

Bring your own DVS ( serato/Traktor/Mixvibes)

Bring your own laptop

Bring your own CD's

Bring your own Vinyl

Bring your own needles

Bring your own wires that you need to connect your soundcard to your computer/mixer/cd player/turntable

Bring your own headphones

most clubs still have a set of tables and usually have their own serato box, all you would need is a laptop and some control vinyls, probably needles n shit too.

do clubs really have their own serato boxes now?

I would suspect some would, but the vast majority would just be cdj's

yer buck choi took the words outa my mouth, im gunna have to say quiet a few clubs still have turntables but if your lucky they would of already upgraded to the cdj 900 so take along your usb hub and extra usb cords and use the 900 as a midi player for serato its so much better but thats my opinion.

yeah pretty much what buck said.

all clubs will/should have the cdj's/turntables. for me all i bring is cdj's headphones and weve only just bought a laptop into the equation for sampling purposes.

if i was djing with computers i would never be too carefull, anything digital in the djing world ive found to never be 100% correct.

e.g you load a track up which you know is 130bpm and your bpm counter is saying 186bpm or something stupid.

a PRIME example of this is friday night, we played along side ColdBlank at candy's, well established dj/producers from the US, really experienced, but all the equiptment was failling and they couldnt get it working for half an hour. no one knows what went wrong but 1 macbook shat itself then they had forgotten to charge the 2nd macbook which is what half the weight was finding someone with a macbook charger in the club.

anyway more to the point, ive left a few answers in Red inside the quote

Hey Boys and Girls

im getting quite fond of djing with serato.

what are my chances of being able to dj with turntables and serato at gigs V high between you and the club you should be able to work out any system that suits you..?

Do i just rock up with my extension cords, laptop and serato box? when you do get booked, it would be a good idea to ask them what equiptment they can supply and run yoursetup by them first just incase its not cool with them. dont want to rock up and have a set cancelled because you didnt run it all by them before hand.

whats the usual deal with setting up your set? are you expected to just use a mixer and decks or is serato bring along cool? cdj'sturntable and a mixer is the basic setup at a club, but they will most likely have a storeroom with many backups and extra things like that. but yeah just run the setup you use by them first to make sure they can run it

thanks team x