CDJ's vs. Software Programs

AndyTraxx

Ultimatly if you can pu out a good mix to the dance floor, then you can Dj. If the crowds all hate you then your a crap Dj no matter what your using!

I agree totally with the statement.

I guess I was trying to say that having a laptop system (not DVS) up against a CDJ is unfair. The competition should have had different categories of mixing equipment (ie CDJ vs CDJ and Non DVS vs non DVS).

It warms my heart to hear the CDJ's won.

okay played with cd decks for the first time today (rmp1's).

yeah it is different than turnies. took me donkeys to try and figure out how to get back to the start of the song. must admit i liked the touch sensitive platter on top of the jog wheel. where if i put my finger on it, it stopped like stopping the record, and if i just lightly touched it, it was like the record slowing down. the loop functions were cool to play around with too. and it had a built in sampler.

i can see how its heaps easier to start the record and get straight into the mix than turnies. right now with turntables, after dropping the track i still play 4-8 beats with line fader all the way down just to triple check i am in beat, but with these just cueing it up then tapping play right where i wanted it to start.

i can see why a lot of the pro djs back in the day were saying the cd players were making it easier and the trechnology was adding a lot of cheats to djing.

but you all know my view, i dont really give a shyte what tool people use.