Recommend Me Headphones

Jaz

So my Birthday is approaching and the old boy is asking what i want

2 things i want. Good Headphones, Novation Launchpad....can only choose 1...leaning towards muffs

Now because i can get a Novation Launchpad for Around $200 easy that is also their Limit for the headphones, May get my old man to buy 1 n ill buy the other from StoreDJ and see if they can do me a good deal...

Recommendations on that budget?

ive heard good things about A&D XD53's.HDJ 2000's, but unfortunately they are to expensive unless you know where to get them cheaper...

i want Volume so i can hear them even with a 15" speaker next to my head,Sound Quality, and especially build quality as i will want them for at least 2 years and as im hoping they will last me trasporting for My Mobile DJing and still be with me If/When i get to a club....

Having a full pioneer set up now i kinda wanna keep it pioneer but am willing to go A&D or Sennheiser

cheers guys :D

oh and im curruntly running some cheapish Sony MDR-V700's in case anyone was wondering :)

im not trying to talk you out of the launchpad, just making sure u get the right gear for what you require

even if u do get a midi controller for ableton, you stil have to learn ableton, then pull heaps of loops for somewhere, warp everything etc. It isnt really your conventional DJ software, mainly for running acapella's, special effects etc

if 200 is ya limit, get ya old boy to put in 200 then you put in extra 60 for the xd 53's, trust me they are fucking amazing and good headphones are soooooooo important

edit: and fuck those mdr's off yuuuuuuuuukkkkkk

yeh was thinking that, im pretty persuasive with bargaining so im sure i can get Store DJ to $200ish, looking at many youtube n DJ forum Reviews of the 53 now and everyone loves them....

there is just something in my fucked up mind that say " you have all pioneer now, get pioneer" :P, no chance on the 2000's though, hear the 1000's are rubbish qaulity, and nothing much is coming soon so 53's are in the lead ATM