changing BPM

lloydc

I'm pretty sure this is the right forum for my question, I'm just wanting to know how to change the bpm of a song. I have a remix of a song that is 134bpm and I want it to be 128bpm.

is this a hard thing to do? what software do I need?

I'm guessing garage band isn't advanced enough to be able to handle this?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you want to actually change the file? why dont you just use the pitch control or are you concerned about the key change?

im sure ableton can do it. also i know you have traktor why not change the internal pitch then record it into a new file

I knew that question was coming LOL

yes I want to just change the file, its that barbara streisand song, but a remix that sounds like it should be at 128bpm like the original. The sound starts to get a bit funny when I key lock something and pitch it down that much in traktor, so i try and avoid it.

I have access to ableton, so am I able to do it in that?

Ableton will do the trick, chuck the audio into a new track, change the global tempo to 128 or whatever you want it, go into the clip view and click on the warp button in the gui to the left of the waveform, make sure your warping option is set to "complex", then you can either auto warp it by right clicking on the first warp marker and selecting "warp from here" (doesn't always work properly), or you can do it manually by going through the waveform and setting warp markers every 16 to 32 bars and stretching and squashing them into time (doesn't make sense :lol:)

Im sure you'll get it haha.

yeah the o god remix. i've played that out a few times now i. But i take the track before hand up to 130 and bring it down to match.

but do yourself a favour and get the real track the o'god remix sounds like a piece of shit on a good system. pretty sure it was ripped from radio

yeah the o god remix. i've played that out a few times now i. But i take the track before hand up to 130 and bring it down to match.

but do yourself a favour and get the real track the o'god remix sounds like a piece of shit on a good system. pretty sure it was ripped from radio

Yeah, I've bought the original as well.

where from its still restricted on beatport :(

where from its still restricted on beatport :(

track it down isn't restricted for us

+rep jonny.... thanks mate

he prob didnt get paid anything. he mixes a lot of fools gold releases which they usually give away for free on the fools gold website. though then again i noticed this one they didnt.

edit: okay maybe it was just once. i was sure they gave out a few for free but looks lit was only one. bloody good one though of make her say

afrojack also does all his own mastering and shit like that because he made his own record label so that he could release what he wants when he wants. im sure it would of sounded better if hed of got it professionally done, he uses Fl studio as well, which can knock a bit of quality out of a track if not used right,