GOOD DEAL????

Cidious

I have recently been offered a set up and i wanted to get an opinion as to whether or not its a good deal:

2x numark vinyl turntables (basic model)

1x Vestax PMC 007 mixer.

1x Stanton mixer M 212

2x Stanton c324 decks

2x fostex studio monitors

and a fair bit of vinyl

He is asking 1000 for the lot, but one of the stanton CD decks needs to be serviced he said. is it worth it?

I'll have to find out what model the monitors are, but i thinking of getting either a new midi controller or if i can scrape the $$ together, this pack- http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/reloop-rm ... -pack.html or and then get some vinyl decks later cause i def want to go to vinyl but alot of the psy i mix is not on vinyl so i need to stay digital aswell.

mate get a dvs like traktor or serato.

that way you can play on turntables, and still have access to all your cd's and other digital media.

NI are having a 50% sale on Traktor till december, so about $350 if you want to order from germany (check other thread for wait time) else go into a store and pay about $400.

you could easily get a second hand setup and TSP for the price of that reloop kit. the issue is finding the right second hand gear.

Yh ok so what vinyl set up do you recommend i look out for? This is the traktor card i need right? http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/native-in ... al-dj.html

I much prefer to mix digitally off the vinyl decks i think, i dont ever use CD's but what about effects and sampling for later when i start to get more adventurous? I would like the freedom to remix my own tracks live, so if you could point me in the right direction of a mixer and and decks that i can add one of those traktor Maschine MIDI Controller's later that would be great thanks for you help

yes that is the traktor dvs.

now what do you mean by remix live because there are many options. if its just jumping about cue points (a la ean golden of djtechtools), then with traktor scratch and any midi controller (even cheap simple 8 button ones) you can do this. or similarly with serato and a dice controller.

on the other hand if you mean actually creating music/ or playing music live (a la deadmau5) then you might be looking at ableton with the apc40 or the maschine. ableton syncs with both tsp and serato, but only serato has the bridge (i dont even know what that means but apparentally its shit hot).

to use ableton or maschine while having the 2 decks i am

assuming you will need at least a 3 channel mixer, but i suggest getting a 3 channel mixer anyway if you are just using hit cue mixing, because you can also map the midi to control the third and fourth deck in traktor (but you lose the ability to record using the audio 8 sound card that comes with traktor if you use a fourth deck).

ill do hardware in a tick gotta get to work ha ha

otay. in terms of turntable recommendation, here is one i prepared earlier. however if your budget is $2K, and you buy traktor for $400 you prob could afford a second hand 1200 set

oh and in terms of recommendations for turnies, given your price value i'd say techs are out so look to second hand super OEMs.

These actually have higher torque than the Techs and offer straight arm so are preferred by some turntablists. some actually also offer bells and whistles which you wont use:

Stanton ST-120; STR-120; ST-150; STR-150

American Audio HTD4.5

Citronic PD45

Omnitronic DD5250

Reloop RP6000

i have the ST-150's which are great but are not cheap. a few peeps here have also rated the HTD4.5.

I just brought tsp today :-) ok so now i'll look out for some turnies but what mixer do you reccomend?

And as for remixing i guess at first ill just do it with cue points, but i do have a copy of ableton 8 so when i figure out how to use it ill be on my way i just want to set up a rig that i wont outgrow thats all :-) Cheers for your help

store dj i am pretty sure are doing it for 400 who knows why they not advertising it as such. the thing ive read on other forums is store dj could be sold out which may be why they showing the full price knowing they wont get anymore sale stock. you may remember NI did say 31 dec or while stocks last

store dj i am pretty sure are doing it for 400 who knows why they not advertising it as such. the thing ive read on other forums is store dj could be sold out which may be why they showing the full price knowing they wont get anymore sale stock. you may remember NI did say 31 dec or while stocks last

oops end of 30 nov i mean