Stanton DJLab 2.1

RichoKidd

I am interested to know if anybody is using this set up/played with it in the past, opinions on it? Essentially any information or advice you can give me on this set up.

I am highly interested in this set-up. I went and saw the guy at The DJ Factory in Perth and they recommend, for a begginer who has never had any experience in DJing that this, along with Traktor Scratch Duo, is the beez kneez.

I need to know what you think

Cheers

//RK

few things. what genres you want to do and whats yer budget.

the issue w the pack is these are low torque machines (which affects ability to pick up the record from a stop). which is most important for scratching but also takes some getting use to if you ever have to hop on other tables. and it is noticeable. i own st150s and when i hop on my mates techies i need to give it a bit more of a push when i drop in the track.

however having super high torque isnt necessarily a pre req as the industry standard tech 1200s have a much lower torque than other tt's and ppl both mix and scratch with them.

these however have even less torque so i wouldnt recommend em.

also w the price cut go traktor scratch pro. not that you need four decks, i only mix w 2, but with duo you only get an audio 4 which means to record you will need anotyer sound card or rely on your laptops onboard (which may suck).

of course both above are thrown out the window if budget restricts.

tbh you can learn on any turntable and then adjust when you need to use a different set of tables.

a lot of people who used only techs then moved to the super OEM high torques just found they needed to apply more pressure to stop a record (or so i read in reviews).

but as above, as the T62's have even less torque than techs, any deck you next move to you will need to re-adjust. but hey i guess its all dependent on yer ability to adjust.

whats yer budget? and are you not interested in 2nd hand?

the 500.v3 cartridges are fine. you are using traktor anyway so you dont actually need expensive carts. again thats more nice to have.

at 699 you could get second hand st120 or st150 but if you cant be assed waiting on ebay or not wanting to risk it w 2nd handers which can sometimes have hidden problems, then yeah go for it.

I am planning on upgrading the needles cause I hear the stock ones are shit house

i wouldnt moan too much to be honest. needles that come with packages are usually fine for beginner / home use. id say, learn to mix with vinyl first and wear out the needle you already have before upgrading - otherwise you're going to be paying an extra few hundred when you don't really need to