cdj350 vs cdj400

mistahcee

cdj350 are the new 400's. 350's have a disgusting feature called bpm lock which should never ever been put on there and i believe the jogwheel has been greatly improved.

i have a 350 pack and there great for starting out, i have been spoiled lately playing on 900's/2000's and going back to the 350s is a little bit disappointing but what can you do

man i get really tired of reading about the bitching that goes on about the 350s beatlock.

well maybe cdj's with their cue button and loop buttons should never have been invented, allowed way too many cheaters into the game. or mixers with cross faders. and direct drive motor turntables.

yeah everything should be such that everyone does it like the very first dj's and not cheat with technology!! pfffft

EDIT and thats not at you gandy just the whole concept in general its stupid.

i have no interest in playing off of a usb, using rekordbox aswell. but i think the 350's would be better because they are new so obviously pionner has had time to make improvements and adjstments. im disappointed there is no spinny light thing like on the 400 cos that thing is awesome haha. i like the djm350 compared to the 400 even though it has less effects. the 350 looks newer and fresher aswell and it goes for the same price most places

man i get really tired of reading about the bitching that goes on about the 350s beatlock.

well maybe cdj's with their cue button and loop buttons should never have been invented, allowed way too many cheaters into the game. or mixers with cross faders. and direct drive motor turntables.

yeah everything should be such that everyone does it like the very first dj's and not cheat with technology!! pfffft

EDIT and thats not at you gandy just the whole concept in general its stupid.

i dont think thats a fair argument man.

on vinyl you can find the part of track you wanted to cue up just like you can with the cdj's.

Beatlock takes away the key fundamental of the DJ, beat matching.

agreed with the loop buttons, but i rarely ever see them used.

we could argue on this topic all day constantly highlighting flaws in each others arguments, but that wouold bve stupid as it wouldnt prove or change anything, and its not what this thread is about.

ontopic, with the 400's effects, tbh i almost never use them what so ever, the built in effects on cdj's are ussualy pretty shitty, its the efects you get on your mixers that are of use of external effect units.

shouldnt be to much of a hard choice, both are equal as good cept one is a little newer.

they will both get the job done for you, i may lean toward the 350's though due to what djaz said about the pitch control being better,

as for the USB's 400's have USB connections as well.

at least mine do :)

ye but i reckon getting newer is safer than 2nd hand cos you get the warranty and all that, plus most of the people selling 400s online are still fair expensive it does take a while to find a good deal. and i like the djm 350 more than the djm400 and they are mostly sold in packages with their respective mixer. i also like the record feature on the 350. does anyone else feel that the quality of effects is better on the 350 aswell? Cos ive had a play around with a set

only the newer models, eg 900's, 2000's, 350's

possible the 850's, not 100% on that 1

anything before those models isnt rekordbox compatible....

sure they could make them compatible but then people wouldnt upgrade...so they dont do it for older models on purpose, tis all marketing bro :P

i believe so....

Quote from Pioneer

MIDI functionality and effects

Music enthusiasts and DJs making their way to the top will be glad to find a USB connection on the CDJ-350 allowing MIDI controller functionality with compatible DJ software or for use as an audio interface.

only the newer models, eg 900's, 2000's, 350's

possible the 850's, not 100% on that 1

anything before those models isnt rekordbox compatible....

sure they could make them compatible but then people wouldnt upgrade...so they dont do it for older models on purpose, tis all marketing bro :P

sounds like pioneer i guess lol

i cant talk, i own 800's haha :oops:

400's are older, 350's have beat lock, rekordbox compatability, slightly better pitch controll, and a worse matching mixer I think....correct me if I'm wrong

How is the pitch control better Jaz? Is it resolution or the physical fader.

i believe the 400's go to a 0.05 point pitch resolution/change-ability, and the 350's go to 0.02 pitch resolution/change-ability (hope that makes sense)

give me a sec n ill see if i can find were i read it (hopefully with better wording then mine)

couldnt find the original comparison from when i was comparing the 2 decks ages ago, but i found some specs :)

0.02% at [±6%], 0.05% at [±10%], 0.05% at [±16%], 0.5%

having trouble finding the 400's % tempo/pitch ranges

• 4 months later...

Sorry for unearting this topic, but reading through it all, from what i gather the 350's are in some ways superior to the 400, but is there anyone out there that has personally used or played around with either of the cdj's and have there opinions on it? I'm just asking for the thoughts of others on these as its a tossup at the moment on which one i am to buy.

may just buy one each and look like an idiot :lol: