Vote for what i should do

Jaz

What would you do?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Sell CDJ400's +DJM400 & Buy CDJ1000's +DJM800
    • Sell DJM400 & Buy DJM800

ill try keep it short...sick of my djm400, want a djm800 so ill feel at home if i get a club gig + then i wanna buy some cheapish Vinyl Tables and a Serato or Traktor set up n run DVS probly exclusively threw the vinyls hence why ill need 4 channels (in the future)

Should i try find a used 2xCDJ1000 + DJM800 and obviously sell my 2xCDJ400 + DJM400 OR Or just try find a a DJM800 and keep the CDJ400's and sell the DJM400....

Why i cant decide:

•would get like $1600 for the 400 set up, cost about $3000 for the 1000+800 set up

•or get like $400-$500 for the DJM400 n pay like $1200-$1300 for the DJM800

•1000's dont have much more features then the 400's + ive always liked the hot cue feature on the 1000

•400's are midi compatible so i could use them as DVS as well if i wanted to

•am i really gonna need the 1000's to feel at home in the club, so long as i know my way well around the mixer...

•wont really need the better vinyl representation that the 1000's have over the 400's if i get the vinyl tables

dont kow too much because i know buckleys on cdj's (having only had a few hours on reloop rmp1's), but i would say that you would get more selling your current kit as a set. i dont think there is much demand for just the DJM400. again this is based on ebay browsing alone. but you'll prob get a buyer who would want a whole setup.

as to what you get after that ???

yeh im thinking just get the 800 n sell the 400

have done an ebay search on the djm400 and there are heaps of vinyl set ups for sale with it so it must be a popular vinyl mixer for some reason...

at the moment im looking at it this way, it will cost me an extra $1400 (with the sale of my current gear) for the the 1000's and 800 hopefully in a roadcase (thats if i can get that at $3000) or like and extra $700 for just the 800 (if i get like $400-$500 for my djm400)

cheers lads

djaz prob popular in vinyl setups because only rarely will you have more than two turnies.

in the scenarios you raise above you say itll cost you an extra 1400 if you sell whole kit and get 1000's and the djm 800

OR extra 700 if you sell just the mixer amd buy a djm800.

doesnt that mean in the first scenario youre getting two 1000's for 700 bucks? surely that sounds smarter if yer maths are right? and of course assuming you have 1400 bucks

if you're talking about getting traktor, then forget the djm800 and buy this https://www.storedj.com.au/products/DEN-DNX1600

and keep the cdj400s... theres no advantage in the 1000s over the 400s if you;re going to be using a DVS system

i got the DNX 1100 and both a modeled pretty closely on the djm 800,

the 1100 doesn't have effects, but i run my efx 1000, thru it ,

all in all i have played on an 800 after using the denon for a while and didnt find it hard to adjust to the mixer because 90% of the dials are in the same place

just found this threw google on the 900nexus
Obviously, this is not your average DJ “box” so its price is extraordinary too setting you back for 2400 bucks with a release date on March.

you're forgetting that we live in australia.

the DJM800 is old news, seriously consider the denon if you think you're going to be running traktor

ok just found a DJM800 in Perth for $1200, Aparently in perfect condish,still has box n manuals n shit, offered him $1100 and ill pay tomorrow, he accepted...

good deal? will only cost about $35 postage to here,

^^^^^^

i dont think this guy has sold much before because he just assumed that he has to pay postage...hahahahaha im not gonna argue

i was like, oh i got a quote from AUS post, should be around $35, n he goes ok sweet if you pay tomorrow ill pay it n post it tuesday

:thumright: