best equipment to buy?

we were just discussing behringer on another thread. Not a good idea for you mate. They're good if you live in europe and getting repairs done arent going to take for ever

:teef:

that numark 09 djaz linked to is cracking. or for something a little simpler the numark M4 is ok IMO.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and nah that last link you posted is just an average price really...and you would still need headphones + mixer

had a quick look on ebay for you as well, nothing on these worth it for 350's at the moment but there is plenty on there for cdj 400's

consider this, or even offer him $1300, good CDJ's and a pretty decent mixer 2

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pioneer-DJ-Packa ... 1e6365b5c0

I also highly recommend you keep an eye on this and see how it goes, you may be able to get a steal, same CDJ's but a very good/club standard mixer...this could go to around $2k though depending on who's bidding

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pioneer-CDJ-400- ... 1e635fc73f

also check out www.gumtree.com.au (free classifieds site) they always have DJ stuff

yeah just read before that should put a bit of tape over where it shows you the beat match and then match it by ear and once i mastered the beatmatch then get rid of the tape

yeah just looked at that and its about 2g, bit outta my price range, ima try pick up some 2nd hands cheaper

A member on here (Andyman) is selling some 350's for a good price, jump on them and than find yourself a second hand mixer.

You could either go a DJM350, DJM400 or if you don't mind having a different brand mixer than check out the Xone22. All quality mixers and can be picked up for a decent price second hand.

800s are baby sisters to 1000s, you dont get hot cues, you get auto loops instead. The reverse button is simpler and you only get one control to choose brake and start speed instead of seperate for each like on 1000s. Also no usb input or mp3 playback like the newer units which is why a lot of djs are selling theirs now to upgrade to the new gen.

i believe the platter is slightly less responsive/ lower resolution too but that's only from my own intuition having played on both

Basically safe budget versions for a beginner, unless you love hot cues.

if theyre 2nd hand try and get a good go on them 1st, at least an hour or so, and take some of you're dodgiest scratched CDs that were burnt at home from your own playlists. These will test if the laser is worn out and will skip/produce a lot of error messages.