gear

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I might point out my post on the first page

now we just have to wait for awesome to recommend the mc-6000...

OK, OK! EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN, AND BACK THE FUCK UP!!!!

denon mc6000 :teef:

Back on topic!

anyways, so have you considered a Digital vinal system, although it might be heavy, which is one of the things your worried about, you can get road cases for the turntables, and just get a trolley thingy to wheel them around.

I thought I might point out my post on the first page

now we just have to wait for awesome to recommend the mc-6000...

OK, OK! EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN, AND BACK THE FUCK UP!!!!

denon mc6000 :teef:

Back on topic!

anyways, so have you considered a Digital vinal system, although it might be heavy, which is one of the things your worried about, you can get road cases for the turntables, and just get a trolley thingy to wheel them around.

urrr

i'm not going to make any friends here am i...

Missed most of this thread but having got bored of you lot pressure selling CDJS to Hoddi I'm gonna throw the cat amongst the pigeons with a little history:

Once there was only vinyl, no dj worth any rep would even consider using a cd player as there was no unit with reliable and acceptable touch sensitivity. Then pioneer released the cdj 1000s. Suddenly everyone reps CD players and no DJ worth their salt will recommend a midi controller because no unit has blah blah.

but things have changed with the ddjt, ddjs and the numark ns6/ns7.

I am a vinyl DJ first, I moved to CDJ because the unskippable format is easier to work with at busy parties. I then added traktor because taking the laptop lets me take thousands instead of just hundreds of songs to choose from. I am about to buy either the ddjt or numark NS6. These are the first 2 LIGHTWEIGHT,PORTABLE, CHEAP, RELIABLE, MIDI CONTROLLERS, with ACCEPTABLE VINYL EMULATION.

We are at another cutting edge of technology now and so I will proudly recommend that any newbie go str8 to controller without trying carrying around a rig at twice the cost, and four times the weight.

This lass gave her priorities in the first post and you lot have changed her mind.

You remind me of the dinosaurs who wouldnt accept how good cdjs were, just because they hadnt tried them out.

We are all agreed with one thing tho: DO NOT SYNC... it'll leave you and your whole party with a sinking feeling.

Oh and by the way: the pioneer DDJT has no stand-alone mixer function, if the laptop crashes everything dies. It's also plastic build and more expensive. The NUmark NS6 will act as a stand alone mixer so if your laptop dies you can keep an ipod, mp3 player, phone, or whatever handy and plugged into one of the spare channels just in case the worst happens. Also the NS6 is steel.

There a lot of pros and cons for each though, chk some youtube demos etc on both. Other poss controller options include denon mc6000 and traktor s4 but as neither of these have done their homework on the platters I would not recommend them to someone starting from scratch as you may get too tempted to press SYNC. Any other controller wont cut the mustard IMO, but neither will half the cd setup recommended in this thread, and they'll weigh more. Oh yeah, and about weight and cases and wheels.... it dont mean shit when you meet a staircase. and a coffin case isnt easiest to fit in many cars.

...and although I am rapidly getting neg reps for all this I would say again: if you want the best value, portable set up I would check this latest generation of controllers again.

haha, ok thanks awesome, i've always needed an editor for my posts.

P.s. massive hangover after massive weekend, my mates fitted a new system in their studio/venue. Didnt sleep until sunday night.

fantastic.

Fri was a jam session with my crew then sat was a paid wedding function from 6pm sat until midnight, str8 to studio for seperate afterparty playing breax, then dubstep until noon, then big tidy, then chill a bit b4 home.

This convo will probably stop Hoodi seeing my post about controllers now. but that may save me a bit of rep too, i actually nearly felt angry writing that, must be the hangover!

U know I love you guys.

Djim its all good man its just with me i prefer CDJs to a Midi /all in 1 controler as many things can go wrong... laptop crashes, parts break where as on a cdj you can still use at least one CDJ(unless the mixer shits itself)

in saying that if i could i would have Vynal tts as its old school and best sounding. however space is an issue for many so Cdjs are more practical

however midi and all in 1 controlers are probably heaps good i just dont have much experience on them..

hey Pulse, yeah man i know, it's all good, each to their own.

I just rem all the haters taking ages to get used to cdjs and I'm sure the same thing is going to happen to this new gen of controllers so I'm flying the flag. (BTW I spit on most previous controllers, it's only the latest two or three I rep)

In my yard we still use vinyl. but for a newbie i think the most honest info from all is essential so i tried to balance tings.

problem is i was mad hungover with a little blurry brain leftover from the weekend so I probably wrote more than is normal, even for me!

Cheers Hoddi.

You seem to be thinking pretty clearly about it all anyway.

I would keep listening to as much as possible from as many as possible. And check all the youtube demos and reviews... knowledge is power eh?

Djim Its all good man and yes knowledge is power

I wish i had this when i first stared out wouldve been easier to make up a first decision to get what i want... instead i got some cdj 200s

which i dont know if your aware but doesnt have the scratch effect to rock the beat...(how i learned to mix)

but learning on vinyl was heaps better(given to me of older sisters BF (skankjuice)) so dont close up any options hoddi

yea thnx guys, yea i recon a lot of ppl get scammed coz if u were new to it all and walked into a shop, they may give u advise but its their job to sell u stuff and probs get expensive stuff with just one (maybe shitty) opinion