gear

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems pretty good for its price actually, i mean you may pick up a fullsetup of say 400's second hand for a similar price, or something better if your lucky. would seem like it could be a pain to take places, and if 1 cdj breaks does that mean the whole thing is broken?

thats the main reason ive never liked all in 1 things, with say 2 cd's and a mixer, if one thing breaks, the other 2 wont be comprimised or anything.

the pioneer ddj-t1/s1 is a very good piece of equipment! I was considering it once, mainly because I like how spaced out it is.

I like cd dj's but I also want to upgrade to a midi controller C: Mainly because I like to use alot of samples and one shots in my mixes.

Also as a wise man-thing once said, if you cant dj without a laptop, then you shouldn't be dj'ing. <---(something tells me Im going to get alot of shit for that)

now we just have to wait for awesome to recommend the mc-6000... :teef:

i dont understand why anyone likes the ddj-t1? you might as well get traktor compatible CDJ's so you get the best of both worlds, you have a software controller that will be the same as the ddj-t1 but then if you piss the software off you still have legit CDJ's....

seems pretty good for its price actually, i mean you may pick up a fullsetup of say 400's second hand for a similar price, or something better if your lucky. would seem like it could be a pain to take places, and if 1 cdj breaks does that mean the whole thing is broken?

thats the main reason ive never liked all in 1 things, with say 2 cd's and a mixer, if one thing breaks, the other 2 wont be comprimised or anything.

yea i agree if it breaks but ive only got limited space and if i get into doing parties and stuff to get some $ when i get good enough im probably not strong enough to carry more :/ haha

thats another thing though hoddi...ive mobile DJ'ed with controllers + laptop and CDJ's and i found it can only take 1 bump of your laptop to freeze the software, or make the music jump and skip etc where as the CDJ's were in a roadcase and never missed a beat

Prehaps if your looking at an midi controller, conceder the newmark mix track pro (not the regular one because the you need an extra sound card).

Its only about $300 and can at least give you something to play around with while you work up enough money for things like speakers if your planning to mobile dj.

fml thought i hd almost made my mind up then BAMB! all these new opinions jks thanks so much tho i do agree with u guys about the fact that getting 2 cdj's nd a mixer is betta but i think for me midi controler may still b betta

i know sol is just trying to help out, but he is still very inexperienced.

if you know this is your passion, you will want to go either:

2 cdjs and mixer

or

2 turn tables and a mixer

cdjs are now the industry standard so if your goal is to play in clubs, your going to want to get yourself some pioneer gear, best entry level setup are the pioneer cdj 350s and djm 350

yea i get that (still good to hear evryone since hes kinda in da same boat i guess - slightly) but yea i think ill start small for the reasons of space, money and weight so will probably ( to some of u guys' dissapointment) start with i midi controler and work my way up unless i find some cheapish good stuff

haha yea i no how to beatmatch ive used other ppls stuff for a while, weneva i get the chance i do i just havnt got to buying anything yet and i mean i think thats y im forever changing my mind about wat i want because ive seen the difference between different things