gear

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with that budget of $1500 you told me about, is that for your complete setup, or just your controller?

well i no the ddj's cost about that (depending on which one) so this was the plan, i used to play violin and got pretty good but ended up giving it up so i still hav 2 of my previous violins and was planning on selling them to use the money i would get (around $1500) to buy what i need with my parents saying depending on how much it was paying the rest as a combination of bday and/or christmas present but now mums become all sentimental about it and doesnt want me to sell them so its going to take me longer than i had thought to get the money but i wasnt set on ddj wateva just wondering on wat u's all thought bout it

just search for something and youll find.

e.g http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pioneer-CDJ-400- ... 074wt_1141

this is at $1000 right now, bidding ends on tuesday. you may be able to pick this up for 1200-1300 or something.

yea i wud hav the money but as the above message says, i unfourtunatly wont hav the money yet unless someone is willing to let me borrow money, which probs not

So with that budget of $1500 you told me about, is that for your complete setup, or just your controller?

well i no the ddj's cost about that (depending on which one) so this was the plan, i used to play violin and got pretty good but ended up giving it up so i still hav 2 of my previous violins and was planning on selling them to use the money i would get (around $1500) to buy what i need with my parents saying depending on how much it was paying the rest as a combination of bday and/or christmas present but now mums become all sentimental about it and doesnt want me to sell them so its going to take me longer than i had thought to get the money but i wasnt set on ddj wateva just wondering on wat u's all thought bout it

well basically, you will deffinatly learn the fundementals and what not on the DDJ, which in the end, is all you need, so you wont REALLY be short changed getting them. i watched a youtube video on it and it pretty much seems like a cdj setup all morphed into 1 anyway

but as weve been saying getting a cdj set up will put you that step ahead on becoming a more versitile dj and being alot more comfortable on the club standard set ups these days, but in the end its what you think you will feel comfortable on, and making sure you get quality gear and not some 3rd party substitue for half the price

look you can get a quality beginers setup for 1500 im beggin you to get cdjs haha.

such a great learning experience getting them. i can pretty much jump on anything and play now.

+1

90% of your issues i have solved

Weight

ive come down to getting your cdjs & mixer in a roadcase... i have one for my cdj 400s and djm 700... and it has wheels and such a good build quality... thats one issue down

Space

if the cdjs and mixer is in a roadcase it can easily be closed up and stood up/stored "under your bed" and pulled out for use.

And with money jonny found you a great setup cheap... a year and a half i payed 1200 for just 2 of those cdjs..(2Xcdj 400s) second hand and they are a baby cdj900 and a fair few people use em....

Done.

yea i think i will try a couple out and see what i find best, i recon i will find it extremly hard to organise my music if i put it all on cds, i am not a very orginised person so will probably go for a midi controler and a permanant marker to get rid of any trace of being able to see the bpm to keep u's happy :D but by the time im making the purchase i will hav probably thought up sumthing else entirly

something to keep in the back of your head, most newer cdjs (cdj 1000 mk3, cdj 400, cdj 350) can read directly from usb

so you can plug in a usb stick or usb hdd and read songs from there exactly the same way as you would read them from your laptop, this also cuts out the cost of having to buy a laptop + software

look you can get a quality beginers setup for 1500 im beggin you to get cdjs haha.

such a great learning experience getting them. i can pretty much jump on anything and play now.

+1

90% of your issues i have solved

Weight

ive come down to getting your cdjs & mixer in a roadcase... i have one for my cdj 400s and djm 700... and it has wheels and such a good build quality... thats one issue down

Space

if the cdjs and mixer is in a roadcase it can easily be closed up and stood up/stored "under your bed" and pulled out for use.

And with money jonny found you a great setup cheap... a year and a half i payed 1200 for just 2 of those cdjs..(2Xcdj 400s) second hand and they are a baby cdj900 and a fair few people use em....

Done.

on second thought ... oh well got a while to decide but thanks too

something to keep in the back of your head, most newer cdjs (cdj 1000 mk3, cdj 400, cdj 350) can read directly from usb

so you can plug in a usb stick or usb hdd and read songs from there exactly the same way as you would read them from your laptop, this also cuts out the cost of having to buy a laptop + software

mmm true, think i hav changed my mind :)

GOD DAMN IT, i still cant rep you, i need to find someone else to rep other then gandy..WHO WANTS SOME REP

wudnt mind some rep :) ive been a good little hostage on ur journey of abducting my thought to cdj's jks

DIBS, also, in personal experiance, no matter how good mixer you have, its useless if your there rocking out mixing, but nothing to play it back with, so SPEAKERS EVERYONE C:

for starting off, id recommend a pair of audio line (yes I realise everything I seem to recommend is audioline) 15" powered pa speakers. you can get them for about $800 including tripods at jbhifi and will do great for someone starting off, there fantastic sounding speakers!

GOD DAMN IT, i still cant rep you, i need to find someone else to rep other then gandy..WHO WANTS SOME REP

wudnt mind some rep :) ive been a good little hostage on ur journey of abducting my thought to cdj's jks

3 rep bombs

u guys are pussywhipped