WTB: Used Pioneer CDJ2000s and DJM2000 (Or DJM900?)

Jarrah

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to know the difference between the CDJ2000 & and the 900s then this article pretty much sums up the differences

http://blog.radio4by4.com/2009/09/new-p ... j-900.html

if you wanna know the difference between the djm's im sure you can find a heap of articles comparing the two, personally though, I reckon that the 2000 is a massive waste of money, the 800 does the job perfectly but if you want something more recent then by all means go for the 900 it's just that it will cost a pretty penny

he was talking about the 2000 mixer (DJM2000) and it had a problem with the master tempo

actually i was talking about cdj :D. but its all fixed now.

it seems to me like everyone on this thread thinks that getting into `the club' is the pinnacle of DJ'ing and the only reason why you would have your own gear is to practice for the club. I disagree so much. I've had plenty of club gigs (no residency :(, im only 18 though), and it feels fantastic to be up there, but you cant appreciate the beauty of your music cause you are mixing out every 2-3 minutes and you have a job to do. Having expensive gear at home in my opinion increases your ability to enjoy yourself there. It's true that you dont need effects to make a good mix/mixtape. but sometimes you can use them to make an amazing mix. E.g. echo w/ spinback, dub echo fade, vocoder w/ vocal sample, vocoder with scratching, delay with isolated vocals. I'm not talking about scummy use of flanger and phaser haha.

you have a job to do

that was a big eye opener for me after my couple of gigs, i thought the club was be all end all, but having to play a certain genre of music i didnt like, it really did feel like a job.

dont get me wrong i loved getting up there, i was just prepared for something different i guess

Having expensive gear at home in my opinion increases your ability to enjoy yourself there.

I totally agree with this.

I went to the Xone DB4 demo they had at StoreDJ last thursday night. I had a go on it only for couple of minutes and let me tell you, it truly is a beast. You could have so much fun with this mixer, especially at home experimenting with the limitless possibilities. 3 grand is a hell of a lot to spend on a mixer just for home and most people couldn't justify the expense. But there may be some people with a bit of money who can justify the purchase to get loads of fun out of it. Why not.

you have a job to do

that was a big eye opener for me after my couple of gigs, i thought the club was be all end all, but having to play a certain genre of music i didnt like, it really did feel like a job.

dont get me wrong i loved getting up there, i was just prepared for something different i guess

similar to me, thought i could play almost what i want, realised its hell commercial, sad face deploy! :(

you need to produce to be able to play what you want, cause people come to LISTEN TO YOU not to dance and hopefully get laid haha. Maybe if you got lucky and got a residency at a good club, but there aren't many that venture far outside commercial

MOVE TO EUROPE I SAY!!

• 2 weeks later...