WTB: Used Pioneer CDJ2000s and DJM2000 (Or DJM900?)

Jarrah

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salesman has entered

haha im serious though! so many people upgrade from 900s within 6 months or so.

for the sake of impartiality, going a dvs setup would be comparable to getting cdj 2000s. but even then...

someone's offered me 4900 for the full 2000 setup, if you can beat that we have a deal.

haha i have a cdj 2000/djm 2000 setup if you want to buy it.

i disagree with the above posters! they only dont want you to get a 2000 setup cause then they will be jelly as fuck ;)

cdj 2000s are awesome for learning to mix properly, the needle drop makes in-key mixing far more managable then the other models. almost like using a dvs.

cdj 900s are a tad laggy as well, which is annoying.

its true, you dont really need a djm 2000, but they have some nifty features, like built in sound card (not as good as the routable one on the 900 though), and a usb lan hub if you decide to use rekordbox live. furthermore, if you want to differentiate urself, you can use the onboard sampler and scratch/loop some hektik voiceovers to wow the crowd.

djm 700/800 sound quality sucks too. the 900/2000 are big improvement!

if you have the money, you will be a happier person if you get the 2000 setup, i guarantee you that. all pioneer equipment is good however.

i wasnt saying it was a bad mixer, if it were my money id get the DJM900 though

lol mdex.

soldios, the djm 700/800 were a big improvement over the 600 but were nowhere near the quality of the 92. 900/2000 are nearly there! i can hear it even through my rcf pa setup, 92 bass is noticeably warmer and is cleaner at higher volumes.

i actually swapped my 900 for a 2000 jaz. 900 has more features, but i 3 deck and i 4 deck with a friend so having the extra space is really handy (especially with my mate, we can have basically half a mixer each). I have yet to use the sidechain/sampler properly, but the fx are much easier to trigger and having lit up buttons etc. allows fx navigation much easier. also, the echo/delay on the 2000 is better then the 900, for some reason the 900 echo/delay starts as soon as u press it instead of waiting the selected increment - do u konw what i mean? its annoying. also, the 2000 will shortly have a firmware update (if it hasnt already ha) that allows quantized effects. but seroiusly, who the fuck needs that. only stupid promo vids change bpm mid effect

dub echo on the 900 is sooooo nice though :). wish the 2000 had that.

Thanks guys,

Foedragon: I would so much rather get the 2000/2000 setup but I feel like an idiot spending a lot of money when I am just really starting haha :)

Although my friend as well tells me I will probably end up upgrading from 900s pretty quickly as well so I am very tempted.

Did you say you have had an offer of $4900?

One question, concerning the DJM900 isn't there a mechanical problem when adding headphones or something?

I like that the DJM2000 has components of other Pioneer products such as the EFX1000... and i like the touch screen. But if I am spending this much (which I still am not sure of) honestly, am I better off with the DJM900?

Thanks everyone

Jesus christ, your content on spending your money aint you. Look, just get 800s - 900s, your only going to need them to practice because the club will have there own stuff. Also, dont get like I did and distracted by effects, a good mix does not need them.

900's are shit. I was speaking to a bloke at lightsounds and he reckons it's a fail as well. It's selling like shit, It's a glorified 800 with a inbuilt soundcard which costs the same price as a djm 2000. Would be stupid to go buy a 900 over a 2000.

He said you needed an ethernet hub or some shit to hook them all up with the cdjs and mixer to take advantage of quantizes effects ect ect. not 100% sure though.

you cant call it shit without having used it. i've owned the 900, i really enjoyed it. x pad is fun, new colour effects are way better, and having a traktor certified soundcard that is fully routable to use with ur software/daw is really awesome. i was using it as a soundcard for ableton and having a shitload of fun.

i agree that the 2000 is better, but the 900 is a nice bit of kit...

ok here is my 2cents, there is no point buying the latest and greatest gear as soon as it comes out... 2 years down the track you will be left with old gear that is no longer industry standard and you will think "why the fuck did i spend $6000 on this shit" you will be forever chasing your tail and burning cash trying to keep up with the club gear... just remember, THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU!!!

the highest i would ever go in 1000's or maybe no higher than 850's and djm 900.

they all have the same functions that your basic dj uses, and if you get to the point where you are a resident at a club with 2000's it won't take you long to learn the extra's, pioneer are VERY good with keep their gear easy enough to transition from.

and if your going to mobile DJ, again, spend the money on speakers, lights, and protective shit as well as stands, this is the stuff that will make you money in the end, not looking cool and having 2000's, your average party goer has no idea that pioneer even make mixers... they usually think a CDJ is the name of the thing that a dj uses...

[/rant]

i disagree capfive. the cdj 2000 is basically perfect (apart from some master tempo issues that they ironed out in v4.0) and they have no plans to release a mk2 or anything of the sort for a very long time. its a long term investment, and if you pick them up second hand, u can sell them in a years time and only have lost a couple hundred dollars (if any at all)

sure, if you are intro/outro mixing like a boring WHALE, then cdj 1000s will be fine. but if you want to get really creative, take advantage of quantized looping, be able to browse through tracks quickly to find songs that having relative keys etc., then cdj 2000s are really the way to go. there is more to just getting into a club. that doesnt require skill, it requires knowing the right people and being able to drop pitbull's latest release. it makes you happier imo to be able to reach your full potential at home on your cdj 2000s, and really enjoy yourself when you practice.

i think with mixer you are kind of right right. i would be happy on my old rane 57. all you need is solid faders, short lag on the xfader, decent eq and balanced outputs! and maybe filters :)

well, you could get some 1000's because Im pretty sure there the club standard

no, they're just not. 2000's and 900's are the club standards

fackedd ill gladly take your 900's off your hands if you are unhappy with them :)

I'm talking about djm 900 lol. The whole post was about mixers lol.

I love my cdj 900's.

i disagree capfive. the cdj 2000 is basically perfect (apart from some master tempo issues that they ironed out in v4.0) and they have no plans to release a mk2 or anything of the sort for a very long time. its a long term investment, and if you pick them up second hand, u can sell them in a years time and only have lost a couple hundred dollars (if any at all)

sure, if you are intro/outro mixing like a boring WHALE, then cdj 1000s will be fine. but if you want to get really creative, take advantage of quantized looping, be able to browse through tracks quickly to find songs that having relative keys etc., then cdj 2000s are really the way to go. there is more to just getting into a club. that doesnt require skill, it requires knowing the right people and being able to drop pitbull's latest release. it makes you happier imo to be able to reach your full potential at home on your cdj 2000s, and really enjoy yourself when you practice.

i think with mixer you are kind of right right. i would be happy on my old rane 57. all you need is solid faders, short lag on the xfader, decent eq and balanced outputs! and maybe filters :)

this. my friend was talking to Bombs Away and they said they were really suprised with the flakey master tempo shit, which is one of the reasons they prefer the 900s, really at nearly 2k a unit the 2000s shouldnt have issues like that =_=, but if its getting fixed well, of course they are going to be a superior unit

well, you could get some 1000's because Im pretty sure there the club standard

no, they're just not. 2000's and 900's are the club standards

fackedd ill gladly take your 900's off your hands if you are unhappy with them :)

I'm talking about djm 900 lol. The whole post was about mixers lol.

I love my cdj 900's.

damn i was hoping for some cheap 900s :)