laptop time.

crundyy

I'm running serato + Ableton on a hp dv6 ...i5 with 4 gig off ram...4 midi devices , 2 for serato & 2 for ableton

2 gig video card with HDMI & VGA video outputs ....video mixing with vsl is verygood

payed $1400 at the start off the year ...pick them up now for about $995

http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC724 ... jIwMTAxNjc

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.7GHz dual-core Intel i7 - $ 1,449.00 (link won't embed...)

this is a refurb, but apple are notorious for as new refurbs, the machines run perfectly come with warranty etc..

Originally released February 2011

13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1280-by-800 resolution

4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm

Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM

Apple-Macbook-Pro-small-150x150.jpg

but with the money you have...

if you were to go PC

HP PAVILION 15" NOTEBOOK - $ 1,497.00

This thing is a beast, HP are a good brand and it's got a bit of a leg up on the mac as far as ram and HDD go...

2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2630qm 2.0ghz With Turbo Boost Up To 2.9 GHz CPU

1GB Graphics Memory

ATI Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB Dedicated Grahpics

750 GB HDD

8 GB RAM

15 Inch Screen

hp-pavilion-15-inch-notebook-sku-68148-large.gif

it's a hard one bro, the mac's are meant to run more efficently, because the OS is much cleaner... but with that said, if you haven't used one, they can be confusing, long run i would prolly say the mac, but the PC has higher specs... and windows will get more efficent as time goes on... plus bigger hard drive on the PC...

mac or bust, no driver issues, no fuss

? really.

didnt the issue of driver issues disapper with windows 98? other then updating firmware (which i know essentially has the driver in there, which is mainly plug & play anyway) i dont think ive heard of a driver issue since i bought a desktop back in 2001 where a video camera i had said it wasnt compatible with my win 98 OS, and i just hit OK on every pop up and it still worked fine.

mac or bust, no driver issues, no fuss

? really.

didnt the issue of driver issues disapper with windows 98? other then updating firmware (which i know essentially has the driver in there, which is mainly plug & play anyway) i dont think ive heard of a driver issue since i bought a desktop back in 2001 where a video camera i had said it wasnt compatible with my win 98 OS, and i just hit OK on every pop up and it still worked fine.

still have the issues bro, for non tech heads macs are just easier, plus they're the industry standard

yo cap I think those i7's are bit overkill lol, especially for serato.

i5 laptop either pc or mac with 4gbs of ram is way more than enough.

dont forget people were running traktor and serato years ago on min spec shitty laptops (compared to the ones out now) and it's been working fine.

Grandy is right ....but he only has 1800.not $2500

serato sl2 new $550 + Stanton mixer new $250 + new inno cross-fader $220 (the crossfader will shit itself after 4 weeks off hard scratch on that mixer ) & a mac book pro $1300...

thats $2000 +

or you can go Rane serato ttm 57sl mixer new for $1300 & a cheep ASUS i3 with 2 gig off ram nw for $ 695

thats under +$2000

and a way better set-up

have been testing this cheep ASUS i3 & it works good ...it will not run the TTM 57 & my dicers

at the same time ....but works good & stable with just the serato mixer