All in one roadcases or individual?

SolDios

• 1 month later...
Sounds good, just going to have to get some deacent foam to hold the xone 22 in place. Or make a border for it out of mdf

Use foam, it's cheaper, and will protect your mixer better than mdf....and it's lighter..and easier to cut.. I think that's everything

I know Sol seems to have waved goodbye, but I'll throw in my 2c

All in one: good because it is quicker to setup as everything is patched in, and laid out the exact same way each gig. Bad because it is hard to be mobile with it (because it usually means large and heavy cases) and you have less flexibility with your gear - in other words, if you had radio mics for your DJ kit, having them in your big rack with the mixer, decks, etc means if you needed to use them elsewhere, you either need to spend the time de-casing them or take the entire case with you.

Individual - good because it is more modular, and you can build your system to suit the gig instead of having to take everything everywhere. Also good for sole operators, as its easier to carry in and lift up stairs, etc. Bad because it takes a bit longer to setup, and usually takes a bit more room because there are more cases. Although this might suit someone with a smaller car - instead of trying to fit a massive case in a car, a few smaller ones might be easier to squeeze in.

• 1 month later...