Ableton Extracting vocals

Jaz

yo, i need the vocals from this song, its only new so there is no Acapella's, but thankfully there isnt to much going on in the background of the song so i think the vocals should be semi-easy to single out

how do i go about doing this without killing the effect the vocals have?

cheers :)

by smart EQing, alot harder then you think man.

alternativly if you can get the instrumental, invert the instrumental audio over the originals audio and technically it should cancell out all the instrumental sounds, think you can do it in soundforge.

getting rid of any sound is reletivily hard with out altering other sounds

:( dam, yeh i thought about doing that via audacity to make a DIY acapella but nah cant find an instrumental, there is shit all out there about this song at the moment...can barely find it on google half the time haha

the only thing i can think of is dropping the lows as they should really do much to the vocals i dont think...

i found him on soundcloud and asked for a acapella file but its a slim shot :?

ive tried to isolate vocals for a remix im working on and ive kinda got them to shine a bit more but your best option is to just try and chop up sections with just vocals if there are any and make your own glitchy vocal patterns with them.

this is a tutorial for logic but you may find it useful as well. check it out.

http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/mix ... nal-sound/

thanks streets, yeh ill try something similar, will chop out all the parts without vocals and try EQ the section with vocals down

hopefully will turn out ok, i meen there is no massive kick or drums or synths behind it really

WOOOOOO! problem solved, Gotye (The artist) replied to me after asking him for the acapella...

"Sure man. Email me and I'll hit you back with the vox stems

Cheers"

question though, what the fuck is a vox stem?

holy fuck off. seriously?

please send when they come through.

• 1 month later...

oh shit i forgot about this, yeh he did, but when i open it it says "This was created in a newer version of ableton, please update to open it" but my version of Ableton wont let me update if you can my drift...:(

let me know if you want me to send you it

yeh he is a good bloke, i was very thankfull then really bummed when i found out i couldnt use it :(

yo chev, how you wanna do this? ive got the file still, how you want it? email? 650 meg though so dunno if that would work

or whats a good free upload site i can upload to then send u the link to DL?