your thoughts on a dj table

gcdj

Im making a dj table for my school project. the thing is going to be completely made of clear perspex and will be wall mounted and height adjustable. Any ideas of accessories you guys think would look cool on it? already have headphone folder , flush dj gear with top & laptop stand.

one of this type of thing:

musicStands12.jpg

converted to be wide enough to hold a CD wallet upright to the right or left of the decks so you dont have to find anywhere to put it flat. People often use a laptop stand for this but if you want it to be truly dual-purpose it is best if the stand can be tilted to hold wallets vertically like you hold a book. Needs to have a wide base so the wallet doesn't slip off too.

Wall mounted will keep it really secure but unable to move obv. If the speakers are also on the table you may find bass frequencies travel through the wall more than normal too.

an ashtray and a drinks holder.

Built in monitor behind the acrylic? (attached to your laptop so you can use dual screens)

Make sure you build some cable runs (tubes or ducts) that arent transparent so you can hide all or most of your cables.

The LED light idea is great. Put them behind some frosted (ie lightly sanded) acylic for better effect.

Pics...or it never happened!

• 3 weeks later...

i personally wouldnt go wall mounted either, um may sound strange but Ikea is a great place to get some accessories, my desk i bought from their and with it i got 2 little brackets that you mount at the back of the table and then screw in a board onto them, great little spacer for a laptop, mine im using for my desktop screen and my midi controller slides in under it :P

• 2 weeks later...