New Mixer, Need Your Opinions Please Because I'm Not So Sure

adz1983

Hi Guys,

I need a mixer with internal midi clock and spdif out would be preferable however the only mixer i have found that is exactly what i want is the Behringer DDM4000 and as my very first mixer was a DJX-750, can't say that I'm too impressed with them. I've read good and bad reviews but wanted to know what else was out there. I've tried researching the hell out of this and want something like a Xone62 however it doesn't have Midi and the 92 is so much more expensive compared to it. Same with the Ecler Nuo 4.0, no midi unfortunately.

Seems that the DDM-4000 is the only one really suited to my needs but as i said, I'm just a bit hesitant to but it.

Also, in regard to SPDIF, what the point of using it when the turntable outputs are RCA, wouldn't this just send the RCA quality signal down the SPDIF???? (I'm a newb when it comes to SPDIF)

Thanks,

Adz

im a bit confused, you say you need spdif out, but then ask whats the point of having spdif??

anyways i dont know much techy stuff, wazza, source or even tubby are your peeps about the spdif question.

but in terms of cheaper but quality mixers. have a go of reloop. i have the iq2 which has great sound, and some of the best faders (ive tried 2 different behringers, djm 600, djm 700, stanton SA3 and none compared. i have not yet tried any with innofaders).

all the reviews say the same about reloop mixers.

now they dont have all the features and bells & whistles so there may not be one to meet your needs, but they mos def have tops sound.

the spdif is only preferable as my digital amp takes spdif as well. i'm just not sure how much use it would be because of the turntables having only rcas. actually you now what.....scratch that, I'm a tool, i just took a sideways glance at my decks and they have digital out (slaps self in head)

i thought rcas were inferior to spdif....not my area though. so i guess i would prefer a mixer with spdif in x2 then... and one spdif out

the only thing is has to have is an internal midi clock with midi out, doesn't have to be a midi controller though.

forgot to mention (it was a rushed post at work) that i was after a 4 channel mixer, so i took a look at the Reloop RMX-40, would be great but just had no int. midi.

you hit the nail on the head though, im more after sound quality than bells and whistles, except midi clock.

after owning a DDM4000, i wouldn't recommend it.

I've had a few mixers in the past, and currently using a Denon DNX1600... however it doesn't have the digital out that you mentioned.

dnx1600 = tops in every aspect, although you didn't mention your budget, so not sure if this fits?