YET "YET ANOTHER SPEAKER THREAD" Thread

Lurk6r

Sup,

I need advice on speakers. My budge its around fairly flexible but I don't want to spend more than 800.

So far I was thinking

http://www.djcity.com.au/sound-gear/lou ... r-box/1436

http://www.djcity.com.au/sound-gear/lou ... eaker/1437

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audioline-on ... 1322wt_916

Any advice? Is it worth the hassle of transporting 15's? Is it worth going with smaller speakers and eventually getting a sub.

Much love,

i say go with the audioline's, they are cheaper ($500 for a pair of active 15's is pretty good) and go great, ive got the 12's in the audioline's and dont even need them on half volume, they pumppppppppp!

they are a bit heavy is the only down point....

however if you do decide to go with either of those behringers do yourself a favour and get them from StoreDJ or DJ warehouse, DJcity are horrible to deal with, and even worse if something goes wrong....recieved 2 broken amps from them and took 3-4 months to return them and get my money back...lost alot of money in postage that would not be refunded

• 2 weeks later...

So from what I gather:

15s have more bass - but most is lost when their put on stands.

Hence for the price of two 15's i should get a sub.

12s sound clearer and work better when used with a sub.

Therefore 12's now with powered sub later.

Final call.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 2087wt_905

Audioline ALPA12 - factory second

30 days warranty

Program Power Handling: 400 watts

Power Amplifier: LF Power: 150 watts; HF Power: 50 watts

OR

http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/cstor ... 00100.html

$600

High-power 550-Watt 2-way

RMS power 280 W @ 8 Ω

TWEET 100 W @ 8

WOOF RMS 250 W @ 8

Basically I need them for 2 gigs next week. Ones a doctors xmas party with maybe 100 people tops, the others a 18th with around 60 people. Out of these 2 what should I get, keeping in mind I don't want to upgrade tops for a while and I'd be looking to get a 15 inch sub in the next 3 months?

Thanks for help.

Did a side by side comparison between a 12 inch Mackie srm450 v1 (RCF drivers from Italy), 12 inch Mackie srm450 v2 (Chinese made) and the Audioline 15s discussed above. The main results are:

1) The Mackies generally put out a better sound than the Audiolines.

2) By upping the treble on the Audiolines (built in low and high eq), they put out a reasonable sound when reproducing EDM (ie good bass). They are actually great value for the money IMO.

3) The Mackie V1s are very obviously better than the V2s. We've already detected a rattle in the brand new V2 that was used!?

4) The Mackies definaltey needed a sub and just couldnt reproduce the lows of the 15inch Audioline drivers.

Ended up buying 2 beh b212d from cranbourne music. The case is smaller than a wooden speaker of the same size. Sound is nice and clear, reasonable bass, most of which lost when their put up on stands :( also I don't think the 18 inch sub will fit in my car.

Get a ute brother.

And nice review on the speakers Source

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So can you guys confirm that the behringer 12 inch sounds better than the 15? I'm tossing up on what to get. The 15s don't cost very much more and I'm getting a sub aswell.

If you have the extra cash and room, id say get it, gives you the capability to do larger venues.

So can you guys confirm that the behringer 12 inch sounds better than the 15? I'm tossing up on what to get. The 15s don't cost very much more and I'm getting a sub aswell.

I disagree, I think the 15's would sound better, but 12's definitely pump, here's an idea, get the 12's and have a look at the powered 18' dedicated sub in the buy sell section, that set up would pump hard!

I disagree, I think the 15's would sound better, but 12's definitely pump, here's an idea, get the 12's and have a look at the powered 18' dedicated sub in the buy sell section, that set up would pump hard!

Why not get the 15's and a 18" sub ;p

The 15s is only 100 dollars more so I'll be getting that soon.

He could also conciser this package

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9584