Using tracks from iTunes in clubs

Suby

This may have been covered before but I cant find it and I feel its a question I need to know (i'm still a beginner) so I havent posted this in the Club section.

Whats peoples views on using songs from iTunes in sets in clubs, are they good enough quality or stay clear? I have a couple of songs i'd like to use that I can only find on iTunes but I am scared to use them incase they sound shit on a bigger system...

Thoughts?

Itunes dont sell 320kbps mp3, its their own format. 256kpbs AAC. But because its not the same format you cant compare the numbers like that.

I have read that it is as good. Back in the day itunes sold 190 something bit rate which were crappier.

In terms of your q, i know craze and ztrip have said they buy from itunes. Whether they playout with these i can only assume. (edit: well at least one of them but cant remember who. And no i dont have links as evidence. Its on their blogs/forums or on dj times or in mixmag)

to be honest its hard to tell the difference between 320 n 256 on most speakers anyway, monitors you can tell pretty easy...not sure about a club set up

look at it this way, you know the intro to cinima - benni bennasi how it sounds really tinny and shit all the time...then the rest of the song sounds fine...they play that in the clubs all the time so i wouldnt worry about it unless the song is some crazy 50kbs or some shit lol

what you wanna go for is 320kbps MP3, or if you can get it as a WAV, go for that

having said that, people recon they can tell a massive difference between 256kbps and 320...... i call bullshit

ive tested a couple of mates who all claim they have awesome ears and can tell the difference, and i played the same song to them (one at 320 and the other at 256)... they couldnt pick which was 320

moral of the story: go for WAV, 320 MP3, and worst case scenario 256... dont go lower than that though

320kpbs mp3 vs 256kpbs mp3 on some high end monitors or headphones, i reckon some of the more in tune could.

320kpbs mp3 vs 256kpbs AAC (those now sold on itunes) i dont think you can audibly hear a difference.

any of them on a set of PA speakers youd have to have pretty good ears. whch im sure a lot of producers do.

You won't tell the difference. I use iTunes tracks and 320s from beatport. You hardly hear the difference between them

^i agree.

on reference monitors or cutting edge club systems you may notice a difference but it is nothing compared to the difference you get between digital and any other digital format, or between a song that's been warped in ableton with one that hasnt.

Plus once a room is full of drinking, chatting, dancing people it would take a real chin stroker to give a shit anyway.

P.S. in itunes press ctrl J (PC) or Cmd J (MAC) and you can choose which columns show up in the browser, you can click bit rate in here so it is always shown without the need to bring up info for each song.

If it's a great song but the qaulity is averge it's still droppable, YouTube "stereo hearts - gym class hereo's (Dillon Frances remix)" it's just above average qaulity but I'll be dropping it tonight on a 11,000 watt system ;) who gives a fuck it goes off!

Fuck I'm drunk :/

what you wanna go for is 320kbps MP3, or if you can get it as a WAV, go for that

having said that, people recon they can tell a massive difference between 256kbps and 320...... i call bullshit

ive tested a couple of mates who all claim they have awesome ears and can tell the difference, and i played the same song to them (one at 320 and the other at 256)... they couldnt pick which was 320

moral of the story: go for WAV, 320 MP3, and worst case scenario 256... dont go lower than that though

some people can, and some cant, everyone has diffrent levels of hearing. diffrent ranges in hearing,

e.g most people cant tell if something has a rise of 3db, (people will say they can because they ussualy have a visual aid, but close your eyes and listen to a 3db increase and majority of people wont beable to recognise it.

but there is a play director (not sure who, my lecturer told me this) who when they are doing pre play rehersals and shit, if someone bumps it up 1db he notices and starts yelling at the audio guys to turn it down.

Everyone's diffrent