Pioneer DDJ ERGO

GREMM1S

Anyone else got one of these new units i recently won one from a dj warehouse comp.

Very solid little unit, having a played on more expensive controllers i think the ergo is very good seeings its aimed at entry level.

The bundled virtual dj software is horrible tho, as soon as serato intro was released for the ergo i jumped on that and its a million times better

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's sick congrats on the win it looks like pioneer made this as a kind of intro level casual controller which is cool because they haven't had anything like this before i personally dont like the look of it though but that's just personal preference

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah i was thinking more holidays/drinking with mates its perfect. Anything or with a decent crowd has to be cdjs.

For anyone thining of buying/already got make sure you use serato intro instead of vdj so much better

Not to be rude or anything and not meaning to bump a few day old post just treading lightly here but DJ Lodgie plays at big time night clubs and he uses the ERGO, and he played a massive crowd S80 in Echuca. The ERGO is meant to be a entry level controller for pros that need something compact and portable, it packs more punch than most around that price range.

Yeah i was thinking more holidays/drinking with mates its perfect. Anything or with a decent crowd has to be cdjs.

For anyone thining of buying/already got make sure you use serato intro instead of vdj so much better

Not to be rude or anything and not meaning to bump a few day old post just treading lightly here but DJ Lodgie plays at big time night clubs and he uses the ERGO, and he played a massive crowd S80 in Echuca. The ERGO is meant to be a entry level controller for pros that need something compact and portable, it packs more punch than most around that price range.

No it's an entry level controller for the entry level market, i personally wouldn't be using one in a club it's honestly not built for that.

It's too cramped and the jog wheels a bit too sensitive or not enough depending on the software.

Just because someone uses one in a club doesn't mean the device is made for or at a club standard.

Build quality i found it quite good but really a lack of xlr outputs make it unsuitable for a big system, you really shouldnt run controllers into a mixer like an 800 and then into the limiters and eqs of the club.

Each to their own but apart from the S4 and DDJ S1 i dont feel any other controllers are of a proper club level, your friend would surely get more use out of a controller with more sample/loop/effect banks and multiple deck control.

No it's an entry level controller for the entry level market, i personally wouldn't be using one in a club it's honestly not built for that.

It's too cramped and the jog wheels a bit too sensitive or not enough depending on the software.

Just because someone uses one in a club doesn't mean the device is made for or at a club standard.

Build quality i found it quite good but really a lack of xlr outputs make it unsuitable for a big system, you really shouldnt run controllers into a mixer like an 800 and then into the limiters and eqs of the club.

Each to their own but apart from the S4 and DDJ S1 i dont feel any other controllers are of a proper club level, your friend would surely get more use out of a controller with more sample/loop/effect banks and multiple deck control.

As I said it's a Entry level controller but according to the guys from a reputable DJ store, it's a entry level controller for the professional needing something to transport. Lodgie isn't a friend of mine just a DJ I had the pleasure to work along side with as a promoter and he plays some massive gigs and that's all he uses.

Is he a producer though? If not he better do some cool shit with the ergo or its pretty lame imo, what software does he use it with?

No he sells him self as a DJ he uses Serato I believe I didn't get much time to speak to him when he was playing due to the simple fact it was a crazy weekend and promoters have to keep on their toes.

Is he a producer though? If not he better do some cool shit with the ergo or its pretty lame imo, what software does he use it with?

No he sells him self as a DJ he uses Serato I believe I didn't get much time to speak to him when he was playing due to the simple fact it was a crazy weekend and promoters have to keep on their toes.

By looking at the controller i can't see why he would pick this over the higher end pioneer controllers or an s4 or even a twitch. heck go get 2 midi fighters and a mixer if thats your thing but this controller just looks way to basic compared to a pair of cdjs or the controllers listed above ^

By looking at the controller i can't see why he would pick this over the higher end pioneer controllers or an s4 or even a twitch. heck go get 2 midi fighters and a mixer if thats your thing but this controller just looks way to basic compared to a pair of cdjs or the controllers listed above ^

I tend to agree with you their on that point but I'm not his promoter nor am I his manager, maybe it has something to do with the simple fact that the CDJ's aren't really checked in items for a airplane and he is on planes quite abit, also might have something to do with the size of the ERGO, I will certainly bring this point up with him next time I have a chance to have a good decent chat to him.