making your synths sound good

Tomy

^notsureifsrs.jpg

He means go as in start posting tips/tricks you use when your using synths.

Tomy wants to steal all your ideas and turn them into money making masterpieces :teef:

:lmao:

haha oh snap

the only thing I do that I think is a little different is automate my wobbles in an auto clip in the playlist instead of an lfo. Mostly because its tough to automate the lfo speed in toxic biohazard but it does give a lot more control over the shape of the filter oscillation.

wobs.png

^notsureifsrs.jpg

He means go as in start posting tips/tricks you use when your using synths.

Tomy wants to steal all your ideas and turn them into money making masterpieces :teef:

hahahaha

well i was just interested to see what every one else was doing. there is a few things i do...

layering is a good way to get a nice full sound. also i'll freq. split the synth sometimes into low mid hi and use different treatments on each, reverb, delay, overdrive etc then i'll lightly compress all 3 separate together just to pull them all together make them sound like one again. please note that shit takes days of this :-k

this is what i do. i'm saying this in complete confidence that no one will steal my ideas... :roll:

anyways, i make my synth sound pretty close to what i want it to in whatever synth i'm using.

example, massive (since every whale has it). i'll make the patch to as close as i want and then i'll add a few other things in the processing stage. main ones can be Sausage Fattener, compressor (not as often as some people may think. i hardly use it to be honest) you're usual eq stuff, i'll add a stereo spread (BX SOLO plug in. so awesome! - not the dimension expander in massive. don't really like that too much), and a few other things which i forget but yeah, most of it is done in massive.

i also open up the trust old effectrix (love you <3). i'll make or use a pretty basic sound (saw, square or whatever) and juice it up in effectrix. if you don't have it, get it!

lately, ive been into assigning LFO's to envelopes and what not. come out with some pretty crazy stuff.

anyways, hit me up in a PM tomy and we can discuss a price for my information :thumright:

i just make sure it fills all requirements, sub mid range and hi, well i try my best, make it wide by upping the voice.

AND MAKE IT DIRTY BUY LAYERING 91756843749761 DISTORTIONS ON IT FOR MAXIMUM FILTH YEAH!

nah i dunno, i not the best at making good clean synth's. i just fiddle with knobs untill it sounds like a dubstep

I always try get a heaps full sound for the main foundation bass/synth in the drop.

In my most recent track I did this by layering a deep distorted bass with everything above 200Hz rolled off, combined with a chordy type sound, though I had two of them, with one panned far left, and the other panned far right, and did this process with another supersaw type sound.

anyways, hit me up in a PM tomy and we can discuss a price for my information :thumright:

yeah PM all invoice's. hahaha

sharing is caring. I'm pretty set in my ways when i find something that works well.

I generally use sonalksis eq's and compressors. every now and then I might drop in a sausage fattener but I find I can get the greatest sound out of it, depends what I'm doing.

bass / sub bass always in mono (very important for any beginners out there)

also been using Waves > PuigChild 660 & 670 a little and getting so good results on bass driven sort of stuff. make sure you know what your doing with this bad boy though.