Downloading Tractor to new laptop and Windows 7

FabDJ

Having all sorts of problems downloading service manager from NA to a windows 7 computer

Seems there is a forum of fellow dj's having the same problem.

When you have downloaded the current version it cuts you out when you try to open it saying windows will close.

Tractor still works on my old XL computer and will connect to service manager, no problem

I have to trick SM by opening it offline and when it says reconnect to web and I do, it will open.

Says all the following programs are activated and up to date and shows a blank screen.

NI have been very patient the last week offering suggestions and procedures by email, but nothing seem to work.

Could get my old laptop repaired yet again for 300 dollars but its 6 years old and I have already spent about 1500 getting it repaired over the years.

Just bought a new one and Tractor should work on it.

Have you tried wiping everything to do with traktor/NI then reinstalling?

One thing to try is Download latest version from website which may contain fixes, you could also try use an older version such as the one that come on the disc.

People always seem to have problems with traktor, people tend to try different versions until they find one with no bugs for them then leave it and dont update, or do so cautiously.

Try updating windows via windows update, I just installed Traktor 2 LE and traktor 2 pro 2.1.2 to my Win 7 64-bit SP1 laptop with no problems

Or try uninstalling traktor completely, reboot then disable whatever antivirus software you have installed and then install and update. Could your the antivirus messing with it if you have one installed.

Thanks guys have wiped everything off the new laptop with the file transfer in regard to tractor.

re loaded the latest tractor version 127UPzip (which I did not do before) and dodging the virus software managed to get it working again.

In Tractor properties preferences changed the compatibility to Windows 7 from XL.

With the new upgrade of tractor all your Audio setup and preferences are pre loaded for you.

with the old version you had to do it yourself

Problem is now I am now getting audio dropouts

What latency setting should I use? currently it is .5ms

My new laptop is set as 32 for compatibility with old XL programs.

What will happen if i set it to 64?

What do you mean 'set' as 32 or 64 bit?

You can't really change windows from 32 to 64 bit without wiping and fully reloading the OS.

In your case I would say not really worth the drama.