mixing two tracks

Kazteroid

umm i think this is a bot (being posted in events and all).

but anyways in regards to OP i think i mentioned this ages ago in one of the million how to mix rnb threads. i remember hearing about a technique in order to avoid vocals smashing was to bring in the incoming track at the bridge or breakdown or outro (whichever had the least lyrics); then quickly load the same song on your other deck and bring it in from verse 1.

in essence creating a longer intro (or creating an intro if the song starts with vocals).

EDIT: as turntables don't have loop or hot cues

I sometimes use basic beat matching, sometimes cue points and other times loops. Try Bombs Away Swagger and Big booty synced and going from one deck to the other using volume not your fader. They both also have breakdowns where you can cue one at the start of its breakdown and as the other song starts its breakdown just pull one volume down and the other one up. These two songs are very forgiving so good to play around with.

I do very little mixing but still like to give a little of my own flavour at gig's by doing this sort of stuff.