Bit rates

SweetIshDub

Really weird question here

So I was messing around with exporting a track at different bit rates just to see if i could tell differences and just for fun I created a version at 32 kbps. Needless to say it sounded terrible but I think it would be cool to have a track that starts out with terrible quality then it fades into the drop at full on lossless format.

Aside from just bouncing tracks at different rates and fading them in the mixer, is there a way to automate bit rate?

I feel like its impossible in FL and maybe its a stupid idea but ive been pondering it for a while now haha

that does sound cool sweetish, this is what i always liked about this justice track, starts off so amateur and corny then drops into this quality track...

i know thats a bit different to changing the sound qaulity but similar idea

that does sound cool sweetish, this is what i always liked about this justice track, starts off so amateur and corny then drops into this quality track...

i know thats a bit different to changing the sound qaulity but similar idea

kind of haha, they are just using a filter in that. taking away frequencies.

bit rate is alot different, its how good the quality of the song is.

im not 100% on the exact details but its something like 320 would have something like 44100 samples of the audio taken every second, (if you zoom in really close on a bit of digital audio you will notice that the curvatures of the wave forms are actuallly made up of very tiny right angles, each flat bit is a bit of data that has information on the audio for that very snap shot of the audio, so it makes sence that the more of them you have per second the cleaner and more audible the digital audio track will be. so 32kbs would have like 440 or something like that.

jaz basically go into your DAW lay one of your audio tracks down, put a bit crusher on it and play with the bit rate and you will know what i mean.

actually fuck, i think ive been talking about the sample rate. FACEPALM, i getmixedup with this shit.

just to clarify:

sample rate = samples of audio taken per second. 1Hz = 1 sample per second. Think your normal cd these days being 44.1kHz = 44,100 samples per second.

bit rate = amount of data/quality of each sample taken. higher the bitrate, the more precise each sample of audio will be