Case for ddj-t1

AlexJ

As you may have guessed this is another ddj topic. Sorry, my bad. Anyone ill get onto it

With all the talk of the controllers (with andyman purchasing 1 and me purchasing one for le cousin and one for me) im just inquiring into cases. Obviously the whole point of these controllers is that they are super portable (unless you like to have them sitting at home but even then u probably still need a case for when its not being used) so about keeping them protected.

there is really only two options in my mind. obviously hard cases but do you think i keep it as small and portable as possible ie some thing like this

ddj-series-angle.jpg?ts=1307599643

or do i go with something abit chunkier ie

magma-pioneer-ddj-t1-workstation-1.jpg

i like the first one as it all seems very snug, however it looks as if the lid cant be removed?? any ideas

on the other hand i do like the extendable shelf of the second one, i think this could come in very handy for those limited space areas or if you were just running off the back of a ute or something (ie house parties etc) in terms of being an all in one unit.

generally my resear tells me that case 1 is the more expensive of the two. is this something to say about the overall build quality?

basically im trying to get everyones thoughts on the cases as frankly she wont be doing much transport without it!

In the case, the tray is very sturdy. The rails are solidly built. I don't see myself breaking it accidentally. Only thing I find annoying is when fully extended its very close to the end of my table and need to be careful about drunk people knocking it

the headphone jack looks like it would be pretty snug no the case when your plugged in... might do some damage if there is any movement in your ddj... just a thought

good point. didnt see that, i suspect it would be alright. Seems like a bit of a major design flaw if not.

Any thoughts lurk6r?

the headphone jack looks like it would be pretty snug no the case when your plugged in... might do some damage if there is any movement in your ddj... just a thought

good point. didnt see that, i suspect it would be alright. Seems like a bit of a major design flaw if not.

Any thoughts lurk6r?

Just get a Right angled jack and run a small 3.5mm extension lead and then plug your cans in.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the second case and its perfect. holds laptop and controller perfectly, as for the headphone jack, it sits perfectly. dosnt touch on anything, has enough room underneath even though it looks like its really close. only bad thing id say about it is obviously its chunkyness.

i have the second case and its perfect. holds laptop and controller perfectly, as for the headphone jack, it sits perfectly. dosnt touch on anything, has enough room underneath even though it looks like its really close. only bad thing id say about it is obviously its chunkyness.

good to know. im thinking ill pick it up this weekend