New Mixer

mattus123

Ok, so i think its time I made the upgrade to a big boy mixer

love my xone:22 but i wanna get comfortable with 4channel mixers and the effects on them.. possibly gonna by a 3rd CDJ down the track

Do you think its kinda too late to buy the DJM800 and i should buy something more modern, or do you recon the djm800 will still be good enough.. like i know the cdj 1000s are kinda like dinosaur technology, but they are still well and truley good enough imo.

also, how much would you expect to pay for a 2nd hand djm800 (assuming its good condition)

any input would be bau5, cheers lads

Nothing wrong with djm800s, they still use them everywhere and probably will for a little while yet.

djm700 is fairly similar to the 800 as well, and its a decent 4chan mixer. Just missing the colour effects and only has one filter knob instead of one for each channel.

All comes down to how much you want to spend and whether you want to go new/used.

As for how much to pay for an 800 used, I have no idea.

Yeah the 800 is fuckin dope and Mitch is right they will be used in clubs for a little while longer, I bought mine brand new for $1800 I think, don't quote me on that cause I'm not 100% sure but this was not long after the 900 came out so knocked off a few hundred for it

The new models 900/850/2000s are not worth the investment for clubs an venues over good condition 800s.

Bar the bigger clubs with big budgets and international dj requirements they will all still be using the 800s till they die man.

The new mixers fader, knobs cueing etc are the same as the 8 so i would recommend you get the 8, wouldnt go lower though the 7 is a fair bit different and crappier imo