Thoughts on Aussie Hip Hop?

Narukami

I really don't like it. One of the main reasons being that it thinks it's the biggest thing ever. Just my opinion though, I rememberd hearing a track by this guy called 360 and I thought to myself "wow this sucks".

Anyways I really haven't talked to anyone about it, it just popped up on my newsfeed like 20 minutes ago so it just popped up in my brain and i gave a couple songs a listen and really could't sink it in haha. Thoughts?

i likes it. not sure if this offtopic either bro.

but anyways. like w any genre, two things one is dont rely on smash hits or channel v or 2day fm to decide whether you like aussie hip hop. These mediums only ever scratch the surface of a genre.

Secondly, not every genre is for every person. So yeah you may just not like it.

so thats a pretty big range above of old and new shit. SOme charted some didnt.

so not sure how it compares to what you were listening to.

I like a lot of aussie stuff as it uses a lot of live instrumentation or a different sampling style.

i think a lot of the hooks used are also very different. the grrl in the herd is the shiz and completes that crew

and even amongst supporters of oz hip hop, i always hear yeah oz hip hop is soo much better than the all that watered down commoditised shit coming out of the US, because its original and different etc etc

thats total bullshit. if you judging US hip hop by whats in the top ten then you barely scratching the surface. they have hip hop bands, they got old school two turntables and a microphone, they got forward thinking experimental hip hop, there is straight out mindless club hip hop, the varieties and styles are endless

/rant

The thing I don't like is Austrlians who sound like Americans. That pisses me off...

NZ is just starting to get guys who don't put on a shitty accent while they rap come through the mainstream, the Homebrew guys are killing it over there at the moment..