Thoughts on Aussie Hip Hop?

Narukami

heaps of aussie rappers dont put on an american accent. id say the bulk of them

more aussie hip hoppers are likely to drop a jamaican accent on a track then an american accent

Yeah that's what I mean, Aussie hip hop is sick. Wish NZ hiphop had followed suit sooner rather than later..

360 is a wanna be hipster fag!

Funkoars, Downsyde , Lyrical Commision, Vents and Hunter kill it!

love aussie, but not shit you hear on Nova!

must say some of the better production is coming form Aus now, the US is all swag this big watch ballin crap with dudes who look like Erkel getting all the bitches......WTF?

I really don't know haha. I have tons of friends with an extremely THICK aussie accent and I don't find them annoying. But when I hear an aussie accent rap I'm like "eugh" *shudders*. Maybe it's because they TRY to sound gangsta but just suck at it miserably haha.

As for 360, I hear he's travelled and been in rap battles around the world and gets tons and tons of praises but i really don't find him special. He's either really shitty or really okay. Nothing to special. I'm really into old skool hip hop and i even listen to latin every once in a while (even though I don't understand the language haha)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I posted this because the clip features some of THE best Aus Hip Hop artists responsible for not only dope tracks and albums but they helped build and shape the culture of Australian Hip Hop. Right now, we're kinda coming of age I think. There's some artists taking the totally commercial angle and ending up on Nova etc but then you got crews like Clandestein, Dialect and Despair and Mata and Must who stay underground but produce music that would stand up in any hiphop scene in the world.

The rest just comes down to personal taste. From Sound Unlimited to Hilltop Australian Hip Hop music has grown heaps and is as legit as any other 'genre' there is.

RIPower Hunter - that man did A LOT to influence the whole scene in Australia. Nothing short of a legend. Australian rappers will be talking about him through time as someone who inspired them to make music.