In need of a new laptop...whats the latest goodness

Bonz

1k with there 15% off.

Bloody good deal!

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/asus ... sku-86857/

This one aint to shabby either

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/sams ... -Computers

Asus NX90 isn't too bad of a computer, It's pretty much a monitor with a keyboard attached really (18.4 screen)

i think the one you found in JB is a little different tho...

onlinecomputers one is the 15.6" Asus N56VM R501VM

JB's one is the N56VM-S3124V

only realised cause the RAM amount and screen resolutions are different...still a mad deal tho!! ill be coming for that if the onlinecomputer one fails.

not sure if it contributes much as lenovo doesnt seem to be on your cards.

but ive had two lenovos in the last six years from work. and they are both doggs balls compared to my perso laptop; an asus thats about 6 years going on 7 (dual core 2.33Ghz, 4GB Ram, 80 GB HD, XP).

start up, browsing, excel, PDF rendering, everything. runs so much better on the asus.

i mean i only got my latest lenovo only last year (thinkpad T410 with an i5 2.53Ghz, it says 2.98GB RAM??) and it still runs shitter than a machine 5-6 yrs older.

with the experience ive had i would never personally buy a lenovo. could be just work buys the cheap ones but yeah i think they are slow as buggery.

thanks for the heads up eggs! lenovo was actually maybe on the cards..ill be sure to steer clear. appreciate that man.

but i totally agree with u...this asus that i currently have is an amazing little lappy, definitely gunna hold on to it.

would never buy a samsung laptop. shittest warranty

yeah im not to keen on the samsungs either..havent heard the best things about them.

The new hp's are very nice, i want to move to a lighter laptop soon though

ive had a few friends that have had hp's gremmy and everyone one of them were complaining about noise interference when it came to producing..they look awesome! and are also pretty cheap.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1k with there 15% off.

Bloody good deal!

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/asus ... sku-86857/

This one aint to shabby either

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/sams ... -Computers

Asus NX90 isn't too bad of a computer, It's pretty much a monitor with a keyboard attached really (18.4 screen)

i think the one you found in JB is a little different tho...

onlinecomputers one is the 15.6" Asus N56VM R501VM

JB's one is the N56VM-S3124V

only realised cause the RAM amount and screen resolutions are different...still a mad deal tho!! ill be coming for that if the onlinecomputer one fails.

not sure if it contributes much as lenovo doesnt seem to be on your cards.

but ive had two lenovos in the last six years from work. and they are both doggs balls compared to my perso laptop; an asus thats about 6 years going on 7 (dual core 2.33Ghz, 4GB Ram, 80 GB HD, XP).

start up, browsing, excel, PDF rendering, everything. runs so much better on the asus.

i mean i only got my latest lenovo only last year (thinkpad T410 with an i5 2.53Ghz, it says 2.98GB RAM??) and it still runs shitter than a machine 5-6 yrs older.

with the experience ive had i would never personally buy a lenovo. could be just work buys the cheap ones but yeah i think they are slow as buggery.

thanks for the heads up eggs! lenovo was actually maybe on the cards..ill be sure to steer clear. appreciate that man.

but i totally agree with u...this asus that i currently have is an amazing little lappy, definitely gunna hold on to it.

would never buy a samsung laptop. shittest warranty

yeah im not to keen on the samsungs either..havent heard the best things about them.

The new hp's are very nice, i want to move to a lighter laptop soon though

ive had a few friends that have had hp's gremmy and everyone one of them were complaining about noise interference when it came to producing..they look awesome! and are also pretty cheap.

Yeah that's very true, should go for one with the best soundcard i guess

the good thing about dell is the service, it can be the best laptop in the world but if for some reason it breaks, and the warranty/customer service is shithouse and takes weeks/months to reply, then you might as well not even have bought it

at the end of the day a laptop is going to have similar components for similar prices, give or take a couple hunge. Having the peace of mind that if ti does fuck up dell will be there to fix it, is priceless imo

How about something like this..... It might suit

Toshiba Tecra R950

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Professional 32/64-bit

CPU

Intel Core Processor i7-3520M (2.90/ 3.6 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)

Chipset

Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset

Memory

8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 SDRAM (1600 MHz)

Memory Upgrade

Upgradeable to 16GB Maximum

Hard Drive

256GB Solid State Drive (SSD)

Optical Drive

SuperMulti DVD+/-RW Dual Layer

Display

15.6" (1600x900 Resolution)

Display Type

HD+

LED Backlight

TFT Active Matrix

Widescreen Display

Graphics

AMD Radeon HD 7570M (1 GB dedicated GDDR5)

Wireless

802.11 a/g/n + WWAN (3G)

Network Interface

Integrated Gigabit TX Ethernet Controller (10/100/1000)

Bluetooth

4.0 + EDR Wireless Technology

Webcam

2.0 MP

Expansion Slots

Bridge Media Slot

I/O Ports

2 USB 3.0, & 1 USB 2.0 1 e-SATA, Display Port, VGA, RJ-45, Headphone / Mic-in, Internal Mic, Power

Keyboard

A4 Keyboard with 10 key numeric keypad

Pointing Device/s

Accupoint

Dual Point Touchpad

Software

Microsoft Office Starter 2010

Security

Kensington Lock Slot

Battery

6-Cell Lithium Ion

Power

65W AC Adapter

Dimensions

37.9 W x 25.2 D x 2.1 - 2.6 H cm

Weight

2.40 kg

Warranty

3 Years Parts, 3 Years Labour, 3 Years Pickup and Return

^ yah i was thinking the same thing. seems smallish for $1.4k

not really expensive for the price coz its an SSD. They are alot more expensive per GB, but alot faster too. they just aren't practical in bonz's situation, unless you got soemthing like an alienware which has 2 hdd bays