Your Current Hardware list

Tomy

currently i have a few things floating around thought i'd share cant remember if i have before.

MicroKorg

MicroKorg3.gif

This one I've used for a few live bits and piece's with some earlier projects. Sounds pretty good for the price. Good fun tiny synth. Some times a pain to patch in so make sure you get the manual or there is a patching program you can hook up to via midi which makes it easier.

Dave Smith Mopho

DSIMOPHO.jpg

this thing has some balls. At the time i got it, it was only available as the modular. I'm yet to use it on any tracks due to laziness but i've just re-hooked it up so will be patching on it again soon. Comes with a heaps of presets none i really liked to much but you can pull massive bass out of this thing.

Yamaha RY30 drum machine

ry30.jpg

Fun piece of gear this. Some super 80's sounds and i picked it up super cheap. Easy to get the hang of too. can add more sounds via the wave card.

MPC1000

tumblr_lyeuoc9dds1qay4ui.jpg

sick drum machine.

hopefully i'll be adding to the list soon. :) add your shit with a few thoughts if you have anything.

I've got a MicroKorg too along with this stuff..

Dave smith Tetra. Polyphonic version of the mopho.

tetra_page.jpg

Roland MC-303 groovebox. Bit awkward to programme but got some good sound in it.

roland-mc-303-278192.jpg

Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1UW

machinedrum.jpg

+ a couple of MIDI controllers..

Novation Launchpad

launchpad-ableton-main-image.png

Akai MPK mini

akai-mini-460-80.jpg

My current controller list is

Novation Launch pad

Novation Nocturn

CMU124.rev_nocturn.noturn1_prev-460-80.jpg

Akai MPK49

FMU197.rev_akai.mpk49frt_prev-460-80.jpg

MPU Pro

22196-mackie-mcu-pro-large.jpg

Absolutely love the MPK49 I use it a fair bit for ideas and creative stuff. The nocturn is unreal, for a tiny thing its super powerful in its use & portable, its being phased out in my studio by the purchase of the MCU which i'm really liking. I've fully customised it's functionality in ableton as it didn't have a working preset for that i'm still working out a few bugs but its good. I find for mixdown's not touching the computer increase's my focus and really puts me in a weird kinda zone.

I find for mixdown's not touching the computer increase's my focus and really puts me in a weird kinda zone.

I need something to minimise the amount I have to touch the computer too. Not sure what to get though. Not really urgent as I work away so much.

akai mpc2500

mpc2500_angle_med.png

a sampler, sequencer. i guess the big brother of tomy's mpc1000.

scored this off ebay for $960 about a year back, and it has the upgraded RAM. which was cheap then though i think they have gone down in value with the new rennaissance out.

was mint as though, dude said he bought it and never got around to really learning to use it.

MPC's have always had a place in hip hop production, but was also used in other genres that relied on sampling.

9th wonder (one of my fave hip hop producers) went from fruity loops to pro tools to MPC.

i myself bought a 30 tutorial book, but only ever got to the 16th one. want to to pick it up again over summer with the intention of remixing only using the MPC (so sampling into the MPC from sources then cutting up, tempoing, effecting, sequencing, and mastering all on the MPC). but i have a lot of intentions........

^ i am not even close to being familiar with that. but dang its a sexy piece of ass

yes its the shit...RAZ from WU TANG is using one ...

the mv 8000 can do it all, chop up samples ,re-samples .midi sequences....its got 127 midi tracks , can record audio ( 8 track audio )

to the 150 gig hard-drive ...it got a fat bass synth ...it can do a fill master audio and rip to c.d

I use the 808 as a slave midi device to the mv 8000 for 16 midi channels off fat TR 808 - 909 DRUMS , sample , some nice old school roland synths from inside the mv 8000 midi sequencer ....

the mv 8000 has got two midi output one midi input ...I use one for my 808 groovebox and the other one i use for my Roland sonic cell

the roland sonic cell is a audio & midi sound card + 16 channel sound module ( rolands bad phantom G keyboard sounds ) usb 2 interface ...

the 16 channels off phantom G sounds get midi sequences to 16 more channel inside the mv 8000.....+ the sonic cell is also the link to my p.c & can be used as a Vst inside Abletons or protools sequencer ....the audio out from the sonic cell ( from my p.c ) go,s into the inputs on the mv 8000 sampler ....

ok... thats the two midi out puts on the mv 8000 for 32 channels ( 16 from the 808 & 16 from sonic ) off the 127 you got to use on the mv 8000 midi sequencer

the midi input on the mv 8000 ...I plug my edirol/roland pcr 500 midi keyboard into...that lets me play fill 42 key off anything from the mc 808 & the sonic cell & anything from the mv 8000

the pcr 500 midi keyboard is nice....18 pad buttons, 9 knobs,9 faders 42 nice keys + ..its even got a grossfader

• 4 months later...